New Ofna Starterbox

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Groovy. Thanks plaid... One other question though... those external plugs that mount to the outside of the box next to the switch.... how it the heck to you get thos things tight? The two nuts that come with them almost pull through the holes as it is. I have tried everything. Are yours loose? Thanks

Tom

no I just tighten them til they are snug......and then a drop of red loctite on each.....If it's pulling through then get a big washer to put behind them...you souldn't have to though

Really? Man I am having a really hard time. Is there a part I may be missing? The holes seem just a bit big. I put the plugs in and then the first bolt, then the contact and then the last bolt. I have them as tight as I can get them and I still have about an 1/8 of an inch play in each. The only thing keeping the plugs from falling completely out is the contact that is in between the two bolts. Also, where does that pointed piece of plastic go? Unter the top to the lid, or on top of the lid? Thanks

Tom

if you mean the guides for the buggy....then I can't help....I use my box for a few different RCs so I can't set it up for just one.....it's a pain in the butt for somepeople but I don't have a hard time w/ it...once you get used to it it's like falling off a log.....the plugs you have don't sound right....I have one nut on the outside and one on the inside of the case....is that how you did yours....if not can you take a pic and PM me w/ it?

Actually I tried to put a bolt on the outside and one on the inside but the bolt pushes right through the hole. It is just not big enough. It would make since to do it this way. Like I said if I take the contact out, the whole assembly slides in and out of the holes with ease. I can try and take a pic and send to you, but I am unsure of how to post it.

I think you have the wrong jacks...I'd go back to the shop and point it out...see if they can do you justice for your pain and suffering.....

Last edited:
No doubt... I think they need to compensate me for my pain and suffering! :hammer:

don't feel to bad when I got my OFNA Box it only had 1 red wire in it...no allignment posts either.....I did get the jacs/switch & hardware to assemble the box though...I guess I should consider myself lucky huh?

Back