New Engine??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2.5 4life

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I have the stock 2.5 on my truck right now but I'm looking for something with more power and that will look cool on my truck i dont really want to have to extend the frame any suggestions??

Well if you change your engine, you will have to change your name:hehe:

All kidding aside the OS line are nice high power output engines, that are easily tuned.

no the drop in u should choose is the picco .26

no the drop in u should choose is the picco .26

matter of opinion,i have never owned a picco, have owned the os.18 so i know how easy the tune and run, the .26 will usually have to be followed with drive line upgrades.....am i right?

Put the .26 pico in......and change ur name to picco4life....just kidding...picco is the way i would go...i have one...awesome motor....i have 7 gallons working on number 8... still going...sorry tmaxxfreek had to go there...lol

If you don't want to extend the frame then I'd guess you may not want to beef up the driveline either. The os 18 would be an excellent choice for you. They also have the 21tm which is also a direct bolt-on.

ok thanks guys what am i looking at for cost for the os .18 and the picco .26

The OS typically goes for $130-$150. $150 at my LHS but seen it cheaper on fleebay. Dont know about the Picco but $200ish sounds about right for a decent motor

got a slightly used picco .26 jl red dot for $135 on ebay and it ran amazing. Isnt that a score?

I got my brand new 26 max for 150 delivered.
Phins, there are several os 18s out there, the 18tz being the most powerful. It's about $175 at a shop in my area.

The picco will shred the drivetrain. Shafts and diffs will be must-do upgrades.

OS .21 TM block's are now discontinued.

I can't find one, and am looking for an upgrade myself.

whats the part number on the os .18?