Rookie RC10GT Engine Replacement Help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keilamym

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi..

I purchased my son an RC10GT a "long" time ago. We found the car cleaning my storage and we joked about getting it running again. The original stock .15 engine is locked up so I would like to replace it with a .18. Only issue is I have no clue what will fit. I did notice some engines have an all thread shaft while this one does not. Can anyone recommend a replacement drop in motor or something that doesn't need a lot of customizations.

Thank You

IMG_3199.jpg

Used is ok. That way I could potentially get the clutch and flywheel. I'm just worried about the distance to the opening for the flywheel in the frame, etc.

No need for a new engine actuallyđź‘Ť with a lot of heat and wd40 it's easy to get everything turning smoothly again. And there's no big problem with the crank of that engine, I have multiple with the same design. There are cheap aliexpress sets with shims, flywheel, long hex nut that keeps it in place, clutch shoes, clutch springs and the clutchbell

Hi..

I purchased my son an RC10GT a "long" time ago. We found the car cleaning my storage and we joked about getting it running again. The original stock .15 engine is locked up so I would like to replace it with a .18. Only issue is I have no clue what will fit. I did notice some engines have an all thread shaft while this one does not. Can anyone recommend a replacement drop in motor or something that doesn't need a lot of customizations.

Thank You

View attachment 177154
Used is ok. That way I could potentially get the clutch and flywheel. I'm just worried about the distance to the opening for the flywheel in the frame, etc.
Whats up bud. The old fuel is what is stopping engine from turning over. Like @fstnd said use heat. A heat gun preferably or a hair dryer will work if you don't have a heat gun. But I wouldn't use WD-40. Use 3n1 machine oil. Also use new/old nitro fuel to help clean the engine.

Take off the cooling head and heat up block. It will eventually reheat the old fuel and allow the engine to turn over again.

I just did a restore on a nitro that sat for yrs. And got the engine working once again with some heat and cleaning..

Thanks Chubaka and fstnd.. I'll take it apart tomorrow and see if I can get it to spin. I think I have all the other parts. (flywheel, clutch, cluutch bell, etc.)

Thanks Chubaka and fstnd.. I'll take it apart tomorrow and see if I can get it to spin. I think I have all the other parts. (flywheel, clutch, cluutch bell, etc.)
Id take the carb, cooling head, and the backplate off of it and soak it in some nitro fuel first before trying to pull it apart. :2cents:

Any site recommendations on purchasing parts like clutch shoes, shims and bearings? I have the flywheel and clutch bell but need clutch shoes, shims and bearings, etc. If this is the wrong page, I can move this question. Thanks You

Screenshot 2023-12-15 192326.png

Any site recommendations on purchasing parts like clutch shoes, shims and bearings? I have the flywheel and clutch bell but need clutch shoes, shims and bearings, etc. If this is the wrong page, I can move this question. Thanks You

View attachment 177200
Other than ordering the stock parts, you might try looking at Buku Clutches if theyre still around.
https://www.bukupower.com/

Back