Never thought I'd break these on a savage...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cvec7

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
DSCN3314-1.jpg

I stripped the front diff at the track on sunday, so when I pulled everything apart, I noticed that hinge pin brace had snapped, and the bulkhead broke... I also broke my 40 series velocity wheels, so I picked up the 23mm hex conversion and 40 series wabash wheels. :D Although I've just found out the offset isn't enough...oh well, headin back to the lhs friday anyway...
Just thought I'd share my unusual breakage...

Last edited:
dude I keep stock in those lol I've busted those a few times. My ego starts getting bigger and bigger till BANG.lol yeah thats a good one.

How in the hell did that happen? o_O lol looks like it snapped from stress. get the aluminum bulkheads and see how it goes.

Get the GPM alluminum bulk heads and never look back.

:whhooo: NOW thats what i call some good bashin...:radio:

Yep, broke a few myself,I take full blame,Note to Self, trucks dont steer good in the air! Those 40 series wheels/tires put alot of strain on those parts.

Last edited:
I think I might have some spare plastic ones laying around somewhere...if not, I'll just pick up the stock parts since it took me 3 years to break those...

I think I might have some spare plastic ones laying around somewhere...if not, I'll just pick up the stock parts since it took me 3 years to break those...
Amen,I see no need for an upgrade in this department.

You know I've never really had good luck with Aluminum anything...and I like to Drive the truck you know! I dont want to have to work on the thing constantly. Maintenance is one thing but fixing bent or snaped items is not...Now I dont put shocks in this category ...The bulkheads? I'm not to sure. I mean one good hit and its bent...me and a bud we drag race down the street somtimes we get a little agressive and BAM thats all it takes you fly into a parked car and EXPLODED VIEW is what you'll get aluminum or not.

wife did the same to mine.

had the X SS bulks.

She ran it into a curb and the damage was:
snapped lower arm
hingepin bent at a 30 degree angle
snapped brace (like above)
snapped the plastic that houses the hingepin right off the bulkhead
and tweaked the dog bone.

i might have pics somewhere...

I think the general census agrees to just replace those with the stock parts. There has to be an area to give in to flex. If there isn't more damage can be done to the truck. Inertia and momentum is where these parts fail. Something has to slow and stop the process.

IMO that is an oddity for damage to a savage. I treated my savage pretty dang hard. Flipped it, tumbled it, landed on every side of it too. Damage I saw was normally to the body. LOL

Nice carnage pics though.

i have broke one of those before, when i hit a poll