My first on road rc.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zdragon71

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well i finally did it. I couldnt pass up the price at tower hobbies for a new RTR ofna ultra gtp2. $299.98 shipped using a $50 off $300 purchase. Got it in thursday and finished break in today. This thing is pretty fast! I'm loving it so far and it will save me money in the long run on tires on my tmaxx and Rc8t from running up and down my driveway. Got pics coming in next post.

---------- Post added at 7:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:52 PM ----------

a3emu5yv.jpg
ru7yga8u.jpg
2ybu9ebu.jpg
u5y4aduv.jpg
bu3ujesu.jpg
a9yhudap.jpg

Congrats! On road is fun for sure especially if you have a clean place to run.

Nice car it reminds me of the dalorean from back to the future bc of the color... Have u hit 88mph yet beast car though mclearn is beast...

Lol yeah i hope it doesn't disappear when it hits 88. I still need to gear it for that kinda top end anyways. It maybe running 55-60 with stock gearing but thats faster than anything else I've had so far.

Careful! At that speed a tiny wrist twitch with the remote we cause your car to truly disappear...into the curb, or a parked car.

Sent from my *PiMP Boy-3000*

Yeah I've realized that already even at 50mph.

With the shell on, it reminds me more of a Lotus Elise. It's nice looking little rig though.

When I lived in a large city I would go to the airport real late and run on whatever parking level had the least cars.. but that was with an rs4 3 18ss not nearly the size of the gtp. Get some running vids up :)

I've never tried to post vids on here. Dont even know how. Hell I've never even posted vids on youtube. When i get a chance to get some video maybe one of you guys can let me email it to you and post it up for me. Or tell me what and how and i can try myself. Besides that i know of several places i can go get good runtime in with minimal obstructions. One road in particular close to me with no traffic in a new industrial park. I prefer a nice large empty parking lot until i get used to higher speed on road driving.

---------- Post added at 1:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:53 PM ----------

There are a few closed down shopping centers in town about 12 miles from home i can always go run on.

If you need help posting I can teach you how to post on youtube. I can give you my number and I can walk you through over the phone, or I can get some type of instant messenger.

Thanks. I will pm you when ever i manage to get some video of running car between the rain storms we been having every day. Lol, I'm starting to think i should have bought a boat instead.

Combine the two: Make a hovercraft. lol

Hey hey I was only kindding about the 88 thing just a little ha ha from the delorean just b4 it disappears in its days in the movie... He wants to enjoy his car not own a eng paper weight but I was just joking...

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

I just re read the last post u said that's sick if u gear that to hit that... That's sick I hv an xr-80 which is identical to a serpent just minus the good carbon on it and it flys to 90 and if u already got this thing stepping into 50 to 60 then ur ready for 80 just baby steps and u will never look bk from that as an RC experience!! It's the speed bug lol

Man that would be a sweet R/C body the back to the future car (Doc Browns delorean), the ghost busters car (ecto 1), hmmm.. What else. Ever see that movie The Wraith I like that car didn't care for the movie, but the car would be a nice R/C body.

Nice!! That gtp2 is pretty sexy ;) That's a 4wd with a 4.6cc engine in there I believe right? Congrats on the purchase!!

Thanks guys I'm really anxious about getting some open running with it now. Found a stadium lot in macon i can go to anytime. I only have a garmin hand held gps to zip tie to it for speed runs and I'm extremely curious as to just how fast it is right now. My friend had one earlier this year and said he clocked it around 60mph stock. He dropped a OS.25 modded mill into it and geared just the spurs to a 48/44 combo and clocked it at 81 without changing the clutch bell pinions. I figured if i gear the bell as well maybe i can get at least 70-75 out of the stock engine. This is the second force .28 I've had and its a great engine for the money imo. Tunes easy and holds a tune very well. I had it on my hpi trophy buggy geared 17/46 and clocked it running 45mph.

Z, when you get it dialed in come on up north and make a day of it.

th_SBONRoad.gif

Hell yeah Snookman! That looks like so much fun. I would love to come up and run that track!

Z, when you get it dialed in come on up north and make a day of it.

th_SBONRoad.gif

Wow! that is a picture of the OLD Sugarbowl layout.

Here is the new layout
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50QqfP_zfgY"]Sugar Bowl RC ~2/1/09 ~Lee on Fire~ - YouTube[/ame]

Lee

Lee i have several guys down here in my area that speak highly of you. Look forward to maybe meeting you one day. Maybe you can come down to roberta and get some track time in with us once we get our timing system up and running. At the track we built at CMJ hobbies.

Back