Future plans and whats going in my RC hobby as of 9/19/2023

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJSRCLIFE

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
How's it going everyone this fine Tuesday morning. I was thinking i should post about what's going in my rc hobby as of today 9/19/2023 the time of posting this. Currently i have a few new cars i want to buy in the next year or two, a few projects i need to finish or get up and running and some new projects i started.

As of today i started a new project with my 2 old Slash 4x4's i merged them into a project i'm going to call Loaner Slash. it will primarily be a truck i loan out to family my dad, my step bro Aren and maybe even my granddad. I'm planning on putting in a Traxxas BL-2s\3,300KV brushless system out of the new entry level 4x4 1\10 Traxxas vehicles that came out this month it will also have a Spektrum DX3 radio system so i can limit the throttle by a switch on the radio itself and an Amazon Special metal gear servo. I've already got wheels, tires and 3 bodies to chose from.

And as for my other projects i still need to build my Outcast 8s EXB V1 roller i bought months ago hopefully i'll have it going by early next year provided the loaner slash doesn't slow me down too much. I eventually want to refresh my XO-1 with a new body, wheels and tires and repair some damage i forgot to repair from a crash months ago, And i want to upgrade my AK-917's electronics to higher end stuff.

As for new RC cars and trucks i want to buy next. I want to get a 4-Tec 2.0 VXL if they'll still make them by then or a 3.0 Corvette C8 sometime early next or later after that i might get an Arrma Felony 6s BLX if they'll still be making them and i might look into Rlaarlo's new AK-787 after they are available on Amazon hopefully like they did with the 917.

That's all for now. I'll post an update if i can come up with anymore ideas in the future bye for now.

Sounds like a good plan, hope it all comes together for you without too many twists and turns.

A little update for everyone, I decided to go a different route with the loaner slash build i might ditch the idea of using a Traxxas BL-2s system and go with a Hobbywing Quicrun 10BL120 G2 with 3660SL 3,150KV combo. and i have been debating on a new radio system for the truck either a Dumbo X6 or Radiolink RC6GS V3 or stay with the Spektrum DX3 i also plan to stay with the Amazon servo. My plans still haven't changed for my other current projects.

For new vehicles, I'm debating if i should get an Arrma Felony or Infraction V2 sometime summer next year i still plan to another 4-tec a 2.0 VXL or a 3.0 C8 Corvette. For new ideas i was playing with the idea of getting a Traxxas Jato 3.3 and trying Nitro for the first time cause a youtuber i like has an orange TSM one and i think it's cool. What do you all think?

I'm not too much into street machines (only own a couple), and I'll probably never go back to nitro, but the Infraction looks good to me. I haven't had any issues with the DX3 radios I own, but if buying today, I might give Radiolink a try.

I'm not too much into street machines (only own a couple), and I'll probably never go back to nitro, but the Infraction looks good to me. I haven't had any issues with the DX3 radios I own, but if buying today, I might give Radiolink a try.
I wasn't into street machines at first but after i bought my XO-1 and my AK-917 i'm hooked and addicted to them, I thought so on Nitro it's kind of old school and isn't very fast anymore compared to brushless and Lipo is the way to go nowadays, I'm glad you haven't had any issues with your DX3 radios, And Radiolink seems like a good brand imho i have an RC8X i bought on Prime day for $256 it's awesome i love it. The infraction may be the way i go vs the Felony.

A big update for everyone, I decided not to get a 4-Tec 2.0 VXL or 3.0 Corvette instead i'll get an Arrma Vendetta 3s BLX or a Infraction V3 3s BLX maybe next month or early next year depending on what i can afford and when i'll be able to afford it. I also decided to go a different route with the loaner truck and instead of rebuilding my LCG Slash 4x4 VXL i might get an Arrma Senton 4x2 Boost and upgrade it overtime or go straight for a Senton 4x4 3s BLX. Let me know what you all think about my change in RC buying decisions. I also plan to get my Outcast 8s EXB V1 roller up and running early next year hope you all have a great weekend.

How's it going guys, I've been driving my existing RC's these past few weeks and today i took my X-Maxx out for a run and it ended with seized servo motor i'm a little sad cause i don't have the money to fix it right now sucks i know. But at least this gives me an excuse to upgrade my X-Maxx's servo to a metal geared one i'm think about a 60kg brushless servo from Amazon and yes i will also buy the standard servo adapter also a aluminum servo horn as well. Even though the servo lived a long life until now but i feel the X-Maxx and XRT should not come with such a low quality servo from stock that isn't full metal geared.

How's it going everyone? There's been quite a bit that's happened this month i got my X-Maxx repaired with another stock servo i also bought an 1,100KV Hobbywing the old 5687 one for my X-Maxx and by my next Birthday in January i'll be swapping it in with the Max 6 G1 from XO-1 along with a few other upgrades. I will also swap my connectors on all my cars to XT90's for my 1\10 vehicles and QS8 V2's for my Powerful large scale vehicles. And i also plan to buy some new batteries either GA batteries or more Amazon batteries.

Back