Mugen Vs Kyosho VS XB8 Vs Mayhem Vs EB4 S3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CorradoPsi said:
actually they just came out with the M3K here

but the M2K i was talking about is here

Thanks for the link.........Rustlerdood is mulling over what he is going to do with his tax refund and I think he may have found a home for part of it...thanks corrado......off to the races for today...WISH ME LUCK!

THE POINT SERIES IS GOING DOWN BIATCH!

mikeburgin said:
Corrado how you finding your xb8!!!!!!
any faults or weak points yet
any goods and bads give it the run down parts broken etc etc

well its really nimble with a bunch of on-power steering. changes direction well and flies very predictably. so far id say its very durable. i have just over 2 gallons through it. none of the arms or drivetrain are showing any wear, and diffs are still very smooth and dirt free. outdrives have that neat bronze color worn off where the bones touch but show no other wear. even the stock clutch shoes still work great.
parts broken include:
rear camber link, hit by an mbx5 full wood
rear upright (same crash)
front upper turnbuckle
one front knuckle-still drivable

CorradoPsi said:
good luck wheelie boy!

No wheelies in the 1/8 scale today but some in the 1/10 scale........

I wasn't at the track where I pulled the magic wheelies I just changed the diff oil and it appeared I had 12k weight in the rear........wtf!

The track I was on doesn't allow MT or 1/8 (too small)

CorradoPsi said:
what track were you at?

Cap. City R/C Center the track is too small to run 1/8....I ran the 1/8 beast around the track a couple times and it was way too loud and filled the room with exhaust fumes.....

anyone got anything to say about the eb4 yet

not yet Mike. I'm waiting on my engine and pipe, but I'll still need a starter box before I get 'er goin. that'll probably be a few weeks still.

mikeburgin said:
anyone got anything to say about the eb4 yet

I can say I love mine. Handles great and durable as possible. The only problem I have had is the wing mount came off during the other weeks main. My fault I missed the wing mount screws with loctite. lol
And it don't fly great without a wing either.

I have the Hyper PCR, Jammin x1 and the Mayhem. The jammin handles the best but the Mayhem kicks it butt on the straight. Just purchesed the Hyper PCR. What can you tell me about it? All are RTR's

Thanks.

I'd like to know what you think of the Mayhem campared to the Hyper PCR as I own two Mayhems and was looking for another buggy or two.

I just broke in the PCR and I am racing this weekend. The break in was smooth as it was easy to dial the motor in. I will let you know how the racing went.

Sarge and Stephen:

I bought a PCR RTR a couple of months ago. After breaking it in (what a PITA that was) it ran great but severely lacked low to mid punch. I was told that this was common for the HYPER 7 series with the 8 port engine. Sucker screams at the top end, though.

The cure, according to OFNA/Nitrohouse.com folks, is to get the OFNA 053 pipe or the Jammin JP 1 pipe. I bought the JP 1 and now it really has found it's bottom end. Things digs it way out of the corners like a rabbit. Great brakes, too. Only thing I do not like is the pull start. Might ditch that when I get a better starter box.

I just bought (yesterday) the TT S3. Once I get it together and get a motor and pipe for it I will update you guys.

ok, for gdc02.

why the mayhem isnt a true pro buggy

a guy i race with and a very well respected local racer ran the mayhem for about a year. his opinion is that while any buggy can be made to handle the way the owner wants, its durability and fit/finish are also important, he felt the mayhem was lacking in these areas and has since switched to a kanai 3. i myself felt his diffs, they were crunchy, absolutly nothing compared to my xrays, and yeah the guy knows how to build diffs properly. he even noted this when checking out my car. the plastic, while better than most RTR's is still more prone to breakage than pro buggies. it still uses stamped pieces all over it, ie. chassis braces, radio tray, hinge pin retainers, etc. which are heavier, weaker, and not as precise at the cnc parts used in pro buggies. the engine and fuel tank do not sit as low in the mayhem as they do in other buggys. any mounts that can accomodate a pullstart engine are way too tall. it still uses exposed E-clips on hinge pins. most pro buggies are moving away from this now to captured hingepins, the mugen, xray, thunder tiger, and storm CL-1(not yet released) all have this, id have to check on kyosho. all these small things, add up as to why its not in the same class as the other cars.

if your happy with it, thats what matters.

ok thanks that's what I wanted to hear
I won't comment much, but I speak about the pro version
it's not he pro's fault , the rtr is higher and less sofisticated

so just practically all steel and alu components are cnc cut !
milled gears are always better quality than cast gears !
cg is very low on mayhem, see ultralow radiobox, pro motorount,laiddown servo and tank !!
and roadholding should be the criterium than the mayhem is ok also

I still am keeping my xb8
with RMV front torquebarr and Kingz Head frontplate as a back up
so who knows....

Last edited:
Rancher,
If you don't mind my asking, what did ya pay for your S3? I'm seriously looking at one right now.

Sarge, I won't give you a specific number as I payed a lot more NIB than the price you quoted in this thread. And I thought I was getting a good deal. Your deal at 480.00 is REAL good, trust me, I paid a lot more.

Thanks for the info Rancher, I can't believe I'm looking at getting another buggy! And a new motor. It's all Corrado's fault! Er ah, I mean, er ah, Robmod's fault. No actually it's your fault, I definately can't be held responsible. What I mean is I voted against it before I voted for it, yeah,yeah, that's it, that's what I meant to say.

Now in all cerealness( like Cherrios or sumthin), what would be a better motor. OS VZB Vspec.21 @ $290., or Collari .21,7port @ $239., or Fantom .21. The Fantom seems to be at the bottom of the quality issue.

Most drivable power I would say the v-spec but the collari may be the better bang for the buck. Keep looking around the net. I have seen the v-spec for $259 this week. If I find it again I will link it here.

Back