Mad hardware, stuipd systems.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks bro, I wish that I half of your computing knowlege...enlighten me...what's ow? Now I'm going to assume that 15 pin d sub is the standard connection for a computer monitor.

lol, ow is the result of me missing the L key. It should read "low" not "ow". And yes, a 15 pin D-Sub is a standard computer video plug. Some systems are starting to go with a DVI plug for the new digital monitors. The ATI radeon all in wonder cards are a good example of cards with DVI connectors.

Ah...and i'm sure that you can see that my ow ech knowlege is far superior to the the average bean head......

We doing laptops huh? a'ight Inspirion 8600 P4 M 1.7 533MhzFSB, 1 gig DDR 333Mhz. 80 gig 5400 rmp HD, Geforce 5200 go with 64mb of 350Mhz DDR. Running XP Prizo

Remember times a Pentium Mobile chip by a 1.5 multiplier to get it's Mhz so 1.7 x 1.5 =2.55Ghz

That is a nice laptop HB. If the Dell rep would have called me back before the sale ended I would have bought that a week prior to the Toshiba purchase. Mine needs the Hoover Dam to supply enough power to keep it running.

Commadore 64 and a 2400 baud modem Kicks all you guys in the ass! What else is needed?

Originally posted by Error401
It came with 256 Mb memory, dual 867 G4 processors, a combo optical drive and a decent video card (32Mb GeForce4 MX) . Since then I've upgraded the memory to 2Gb, installed a 200Gb drive, 120Gb drive, 80Gb drive (all internal) as well as a DVD burner. External drives are a 160Gb USB2, 80Gb Firewire HD and a 40x firewire cd burner. Printers: HP deskjet 895, Epson stylus photo R300, and a Laser printer. The R300 has a mulit memory card reader also. I've added a USB2 PCI card, TV/FM capture card (PCI). And today I picked up a video adapter dongle for the video card. The vid card has 2 ports onboard, an ADC and a DVI. the system came with a DVI to VGA adapter, but un until today I though there wasn't an ADC (Apple version of DVI) to VGA, but there was one hanging on the wall of the computer all the perephrials are run on either USB or Firewire, no legacy harware.

So, tech junkies, what's your setup?

I've got 3 tall boxy thingies here, with a KVM switch, and a TV looking whatchamacallit in front of me. I guess the boxy thingies have some kind of stuff inside that makes them do nifty things. I seem to remember reading something about gigs and hurts.

Re: Re: Mad hardware, stuipd systems.

Originally posted by cajunVFR
Commadore 64 and a 2400 baud modem Kicks all you guys in the ass! What else is needed?

Originally posted by Rolex

I've got 3 tall boxy thingies here, with a KVM switch, and a TV looking whatchamacallit in front of me. I guess the boxy thingies have some kind of stuff inside that makes them do nifty things. I seem to remember reading something about gigs and hurts.

Point being?

All these high zoot systems and I kicked butt on the Commodore.
Sorry if point is moot, late and not really here at all.

Video out to tv rocks, I can just imagine on a 55 incher ;)

It's cool. i still have my dad's IBM 8088 in the basement. Green screen, dual 5.25" and all of 4Mhz CPU speed. It still runs, though it doesn't get much use anymore. I ran a dialup BBS on it in the late 80's and early 90's. Dad had dropped in a 20Mb hard card and it was alot of fun. I'm still running an AMD K6-2 400, a 450 PII, PIII 700 and a 933 as well as a PIV 1.6 desktop and laptop. All of these are running various OS's rangine from Win 98 to XP and a couple versions of Linux. Back in the day each one was "high zoot" (that is a funny term), but today are relagated to more mundane tasks such as testing servers, answering machines and file servers. Yes, it sometimes is good to remember our roots and look back at the dark ages of technology with warm and fuzzy feelings.