Use computer for TV?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have a 3Ghz hyper-threaded pentium with 3G ram and 500G 7200IDE drive. I have a 22" LCD monitor on the PC and in my "office" I have a 19" color TV that I just don't have a good place for. And it's just too small.

I'd like to find a PCI card or USB2 device that will allow me to plug my cable into to watch TV with. And possibly record. I do not have HD service, so that's a non-issue.

Anyone have any experience with this?

I have a 3Ghz hyper-threaded pentium with 3G ram and 500G 7200IDE drive. I have a 22" LCD monitor on the PC and in my "office" I have a 19" color TV that I just don't have a good place for. And it's just too small.

I'd like to find a PCI card or USB2 device that will allow me to plug my cable into to watch TV with. And possibly record. I do not have HD service, so that's a non-issue.

Anyone have any experience with this?

If you have a extra PCI slot, get yourself a TV Wonder card. Install the card, screw your cable line into it and set up the built in tuner. Easy as pie and some of them even come with a remote!

Here's some info on one of them, but there are a bunch to choose from:

http://ati.amd.com/products/tvwonder650/index.html

Back