looking to get into 1/8 buggy racing recommendations for a buggy?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
everyone tells me to stay away from the OS engines for the buggy...........

With their last engine OS flopped, but before the VZ-B the VZ01-b was and still is a great engine, and now the VZ-B Spec is one of the top mills on the market today. You won't find it listed for less then 299, but you can get it for less if you call the place your buying from. Its got insane low end and the top end that is almost as high as the WS72 by RB.

and they run about 1/2 the price of some of those rossi engines.....
Deja' Vu.....

I have no frame of reference for the os, but for the money I would personally prefer either the novarossi P5, or an RB S5. These both fall somewhere in the 200-250 range, and are notablie better quality then the OS engines. Especially in the Bearing department.

in chimes the man from whom I bought my buggy! Can't wait to get the buggy......I am in the middle of trying to find a suitable engine for the buggy!!!!

vbgagnon said:
You won't find it listed for less then 299, but you can get it for less if you call the place your buying from.

Wanna bet???!!!!!

I don't want to bet but your not backing yourself up here. I can't find it listed for less then that.

vbgagnon said:
I don't want to bet but your not backing yourself up here. I can't find it listed for less then that.

LOL, no you are right!Cheap V-spec

Sorry about being a smart @rse.....

HumboldtBlazer said:
moved to da buggy forum.

If I swear a bit or get vbgagnon to really have a go at me will you move it to FFA instead!!!? 'Then I can re-post a link to a website I posted a couple of days ago and got a slap wrists from the mods for??? It made me laugh hard........

pls keep my thread on topic.....I am still looking for a mill for a Kanai III....so far my LHS only has a Black Pixie ($429), Sirio Kan. ($329), Hyper 8-port ($169) in the .21 trim....this is going to be a racing only buggy so I am only putting in a .21 motor. Thanks for all your help guys.

RustlerDood said:
pls keep my thread on topic.....I am still looking for a mill for a Kanai III....so far my LHS only has a Black Pixie ($429), Sirio Kan. ($329), Hyper 8-port ($169) in the .21 trim....this is going to be a racing only buggy so I am only putting in a .21 motor. Thanks for all your help guys.

Why have you not tried online then?????

for an engine i recommend the novarossi stuff and the V-spec. i run the OS in my xb8 and its just disgusting fast. any time you need to pull ahead of someone, squeeze the trigger and hope your brakes are good!

yup they are very good too. just got done reading this morning about how smooth and powerful the B7 is.

yeah in the .21 size the power output is over 4hp for about $900

900 bucks for a toy's engine?!?!?!?!!?!?
C'mon Man that's insane...
that's when you need to wait for a sponsorship to get it......

Back