Looking for a good air compressor to clean my Nitro's

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pat.
Get a compressor, and use a small tip for blowing the dirt off.
Most compressors have an adjustment for how much air comes out.
My compressor can blow out up to 120 psi.
Sometimes you might need a cleanser like simple green or bike wash.

Spray the car (be careful not to get the electronics very wet), let it sit for 5 minutes, then blow the car off with the compressor.
Works like a charm for me.

The only thing that I'm not happy with, is that the compressor that I have doesn't have enough storage (2 gallon).
I run out of air very quickly, but it gets the job done.

so how do you fill it up? Do you just plug it in and let it fill, and then you can use it till its gone? Because the compressor I'm looking at only has like 2 gallons also.

I got this one from sears and it seems to work great. The tank is kinda small but it does 150 psi max and 2scfm at 90 psi. I can always get a 5 gallon tank for it if I need more capacity. I take it to the track and everyone uses it to blow off their truck after a run. It's very light and quiet and easy to haul around.

Sears Craftsman Compressor

Last edited:
redhatman said:
so how do you fill it up? Do you just plug it in and let it fill, and then you can use it till its gone? Because the compressor I'm looking at only has like 2 gallons also.

:stupid:
It makes the air and fills itself up!
Yes, you plug it in, and when the air gets low, it turns on and starts to fill up again.

ok, so you think that a 2 gallon 70-100 psi air compressor would work well for cleaning and dusting off stuff? I am probably going back there later today...

This might help LOL I got ahold of 30 or 35 oxygen machines. I bought them mostley because I use the electrical components in them for some of the crazy stuff I build and they all have small compressers in them.They can crank out aprox. 85 lbs.They don't have tanks on them but they can run full duty. I'll take some pictures if you guys are intrested

RatzoRC said:
The only thing that I'm not happy with, is that the compressor that I have doesn't have enough storage (2 gallon).
I run out of air very quickly, but it gets the job done.

Read what I posted so I don't have to waste my time twice.

Da Hellion said:
This might help LOL I got ahold of 30 or 35 oxygen machines. I bought them mostley because I use the electrical components in them for some of the crazy stuff I build and they all have small compressers in them.They can crank out aprox. 85 lbs.They don't have tanks on them but they can run full duty. I'll take some pictures if you guys are intrested

Is the pressure adjustable? is it loud?

hey, just went back today and picked it up. Only $60, it is adjustable from 70psi to 100psi. Came with a 25' hose on it. Works great. Cleaning RC's is a lot faster now. Thanks for your guy's help.
-Pat (redhatman)

RatzoRC said:
Read what I posted so I don't have to waste my time twice.

Is the pressure adjustable? is it loud?
The compressor it self does not have a pressure valve but it has a safety pop off and the machine has a adjustable one and would be easy to hook up to it and they are not to noisey but the above post buying one with everything you need for 60 or so bones would be the way to go

I use the same set-up as Mr. T. I've got a mother of a compressor in the garage and an eleven gallon portable tank I can take into my basement workshop when I'm wrenching on the trucks. I went to Lowes and got one of those lower end compressor kits that had an air hose, blow nozzle and various other connectors. Works awesome!

Monkey Wrench said:
I went to Lowes and got one of those lower end compressor kits that had an air hose, blow nozzle and various other connectors. Works awesome!

The Taskforce baby!!
I have the same one. I just added a glass water catcher, so I don't get water in my paint when airbrushing.
Works great!

Back