Latrax rally?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin trj

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
I got one on the way, some reviews rate it as a toy grade rc, some say it breaks easy. What’s you guys’ take on them? My MJX 14303 seems to have better features, granted it’s a 1/14 scale but still.
Should I have gone for a pinecone like this one?
https://a.co/d/f4Hpqbu
Thanks

Absolutely, not toy grade! It's fast and has smaller parts, so, sure, it's more susceptible to injuries. I have 2 similar sized cheapos from Banggood, and they are certainly toy grade. Could never get either to run very well consistently.
I've had my LTR for a few years now and I think it's a solid little car. I don't bash with it, and strictly use it only on pavement due to the very little ground clearance. I can attest that the electronics are water resistant.
2nd pic below is my makeshift race course.
1218212116a.jpg
0128221248.jpg

Last edited:
Alrighty then, thanks for the input. I got the very same color 😬.
Have you done any upgrades? At that size I figure a brushless would make it hard to control!

Alrighty then, thanks for the input. I got the very same color 😬.
Have you done any upgrades? At that size I figure a brushless would make it hard to control!
I've upgraded to their all metal shocks. I also got a complete ball bearing set to replace the stock bushings, but have yet to install those.
As I'd already mentioned, I don't use this as a basher, so the stock brush motor had plenty of speed for my intended track running. I can foresee a lot of flips with a brushless set-up on this small scale rig.

Absolutely, not toy grade! It's fast and has smaller parts, so, sure, it's more susceptible to injuries. I have 2 similar sized cheapos from Banggood, and they are certainly toy grade. Could never get either to run very well consistently.
I've had my LTR for a few years now and I think it's a solid little car. I don't bash with it, and strictly use it only on pavement due to the very little ground clearance. I can attest that the electronics are water resistant.
View attachment 189932View attachment 189933
I'm disappointed in you. You have a rally car and tons of off-road real estate you could have included in your onroad track. 🤣🤣

It's not a toy grade, It's not my favorite RC either. I am suprised that it does have a seperate receiver and ESC. Most cheap RC's have combo units. I would be nice to have upgraded Diffs and i find it has too much slop in the steering, But you get what you pay for.

It's not a toy grade, It's not my favorite RC either. I am suprised that it does have a seperate receiver and ESC. Most cheap RC's have combo units. I would be nice to have upgraded Diffs and i find it has too much slop in the steering, But you get what you pay for.
I hear a lot more cons than pros, maybe the size is too small to expect other than what it puts out. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Is it one of those great after you’ve done plenty of upgrades?
I’ve heard more positive input for the pinecone 1/16 that I linked above.

I hear a lot more cons than pros, maybe the size is too small to expect other than what it puts out. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Is it one of those great after you’ve done plenty of upgrades?
I’ve heard more positive input for the pinecone 1/16 that I linked above.
It comes down to what YOU want to do with this rig. If you want exceptional handling and response so you can compete against others, than this isn't it. If you're like me and just want a small, decent built car for driving around the driveway, this should work just fine.

It comes down to what YOU want to do with this rig. If you want exceptional handling and response so you can compete against others, than this isn't it. If you're like me and just want a small, decent built car for driving around the driveway, this should work just fine.
I will never compete against anybody! 😂
This all started because I take my boys to the park so they can practice soccer while I sit in the car.
Thanks for the info

I have no experience with the rally but I did have the displeasure of working on the Teton (offroad latrax) and I wouldn't recommend it. Just my opinion but the latrax line in general seems to be of a lower quality and the offroad model is far from durable. If I recall correctly, that line isn't made by traxxas.

Like the VW, “german engendered” but made who knows where! 😂😂
Lower quality as in off brand amazon rc stuff? But actually I’ve had good luck with HBX and MJX.

Last edited:
Any thoughts on this?
Or is there another upgrade tire that would fit the rally?

I keep wanting to get one, but for some reason a new crawler always sneaks in first. :rolleyes: Ever since I first saw @Xraycer 's I've wanted one. If I didn't have to drive somewhere to use it, I would probably already have one.

I totally thought it would be toy grade but I’m impressed at how good it looks. Solid little rig and I know my cheap rigs.
You should give it a try, I still love crawlers but this is fun.

View attachment 189932View attachment 189933
RC track and a basketball court? All at the same time? My Denver Nuggets would be proud :D

Love the home tracks. And a bit of corn hole I see? Good times. You need a proper dirt track, tho. :D

RC track and a basketball court? All at the same time? My Denver Nuggets would be proud :D

Love the home tracks. And a bit of corn hole I see? Good times. You need a proper dirt track, tho. :D
Haha
Wife said no to dirt course in the back lawn. However, I do have 2 small crawling trails on the property, a small pond for a bit of hydro rc fun, a max 50yd airgun range, and now a dead tree as a target system for axe and knife throwing.
Then there's chill time. I love being home! 😃
1120221632a.jpg
1129201608_Burst01.jpg
20240423_180525.jpg
20240419_172742.jpg
20240312_180509.jpg
20240319_152544.jpg

1118191252.jpg

20230218_154611.jpg

0929190803.jpg

Haha
Wife said no to dirt course in the back lawn. However, I do have 2 small crawling trails on the property, a small pond for a bit of hydro rc fun, a max 50yd airgun range, and now a dead tree as a target system for axe and knife throwing.
Then there's chill time. I love being home! 😃
View attachment 190220View attachment 190221View attachment 190222View attachment 190223View attachment 190225View attachment 190224
View attachment 190228
View attachment 190230
View attachment 190229
What's in the fish? I see a door on it.