Just bought an erevo and have questions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finlay470

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey fellas bought this erevo and have a few questions to what esc,motor and gearbox are in it. Starting to get back into these suckers but it's been 10+ years since I've played with them or kept up to this stuff so have no idea what's in it. I'm familiar with castle stuff but no idea what model anything is or if it's a bunch of stuff thrown together. If anyone could fill me in on what they figure everything is that would be great! (No part numbers or anything on the esc) thanks!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I'm unsure of the gear mesh

Looks like spaghetti with plastic meat balls..

Google is big help 😉

Motor looks like Castle 1515 no sensor 2200kv 6s
Esc looks to be factory TRX/Traxxas, and receiver is spectrum and remote.

Usually there will be numbers on gears and that’s the tooth count. May have to pull gears to see if there is any markings but looks pretty stock factory to me

Last edited:

Google is big help 😉

Usually there will be numbers on gears and that’s the tooth count. May have to pull gears to see if there is any markings but looks pretty stock factory to me
Did some googling but couldn't find any comparable pics to the esc to know forsure. I was more so leaning towards if it was the factory erevo gearbox? I did some googling to see if that was the factory gearbox and none of them really looked the same... I appreciate the reply!

Did some googling but couldn't find any comparable pics to the esc to know forsure. I was more so leaning towards if it was the factory erevo gearbox? I did some googling to see if that was the factory gearbox and none of them really looked the same... I appreciate the reply!
I’m sure someone here has one or had one that can more point you in right direction

Traxxas Erevo model #5608. You have a V1 erevo, not the most current Erevo VXL. It was the first brushless version that came with a Castle Creations Esc and motor, before Traxxas made their own Velineon version.

Other than the Spectrum radio and rear aluminum chassis brace it looks stock. Forgot also to mention that tires and rims aren't factory either.

18/65 was stock gearing for it.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Google is big help 😉

Traxxas Erevo model #5608. You have a V1 erevo, not the most current Erevo VXL. It was the first brushless version that came with a Castle Creations Esc and motor, before Traxxas made their own Velineon version.

Other than the Spectrum radio and rear aluminum chassis brace it looks stock. Forgot also to mention that tires and rims aren't factory either.

18/65 was stock gearing for it.
Awesome that helps me a ton! Thank you

get a replacement antenna for that radio. a paper clip is not A antenna..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1942388845...044&customid=288848b3aa451051ac522e92f69e5c32

also. Id get ride of those wires holding fan to esc..and go heat shrink tube wild...sorry to be so negative but I have a thing for getting ride of off things.the things I see will lead to damage or danger to others
Of coarse! this thing is far from where I would like it I agree. All ends will be getting shrink tubed,cleaned up and looked over before I take it out. Everything seems to work other then the gearbox seems to turn about 1 turn and then it jams up. Will be opening it to see what I find

Those little wires are only holding the ESC's on/off switch. The piece with the TRX letters is the mount and held in by the two screws where the rust marks are. The ESC is a Mamba Monster 2 with its own fan mount underneath the ESC chassis mount. Once mounted by the two screws there's really nothing to get damaged. Those little wires holding the switch look like a rigid wire so no chance of that switch to go flying.

Last edited:
it doesn't matter what its holding its a accident waiting to happen

Those look like body clips cut down which are going to hold a lot better than hot glue and double sided tape that many use to hold switches. Even if it comes loose I'm not sure what kind of accident it's going to cause other than shut it off. Not everything needs to be perfect and tidy to be safe. If you are operating an RC where it could be a danger to someone you shouldn't be operating it there in the first place.

Back