Anyone still have a Losi Ten T?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TenTlover12

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, as my name suggests, I love the ten t, my dad had one when I was younger, and when parts started becoming scarse(2015ish) he turned it into a scte for racing. But I’ve always wanted one, always liked the Ross, and just the idea of them, truggies are some of my favorite rc for bashing, but sometimes their size is annoying, and it’s nice to have a truggy that’s the size of a buggy. Ergo; the ten t. However they went out of production In 2012, so surely finding one in decent shape and getting parts for it would be impossible right? Not in my eyes, here what I’ve done.

I bought a ten t this time last year, for 200, no motor or reciever, but it was a good start. Got it, still had a 3.4(I’ve got about 3 now actually) so I dropped it in along with the original Ross, pipe and a different radio tray because the ten t one I didn’t have the battery cover for(used a ten sct nitro one) and it was running, and it was a lot of fun.

But I couldn’t leave it alone, I started with better servos, then stripped a spur(a common trend) replaced that with one of the many I had lying around. Finally found a battery cover for the original ten t tray, and a battery that would fit (see picture) and threw it together like that, over time found more parts for it off eBay or at local hobby stores, or in my basement from my dads old one(in total from all of that I have a wing, wheels, new body, orange body, green body, 3 Ross gearboxes, a extra Ross unit, another wire harness, wing mount set, and more you can see in pics)

I found a new set of wheels for it so bought those and they look pretty good, surprised I found original ten t wheels new. Also I’m using a DX4S over the dx3s because I like the 4s more, I’ll be posting my solution for the Ross gearbox striping along with what battery to use for the Ross, along with other ten t common issues and how to fix them for this 2023 market with what parts are available, no one did this for this truck yet, so I had to figure all of this out, so I figure I can pass the knowledge I have on. Let me know if there’s any specific things you need help with figuring out with these trucks.

IMG_2416.jpeg

IMG_2417.jpeg

IMG_2418.jpeg

IMG_2419.jpeg

IMG_2420.jpeg
IMG_2415.jpeg

Welcome. Always admired those. Would love a 3.4 but they all dried up too.

I liked the 8ight-T better than the Ten-T but the Ten-T was solid. It screamed with an OS .21TM in it! I was not a fan of ROSS/EZstart tho. :)

I dont have her anymore but I do still have an 8ight-T :)

IMG_5716.JPG
IMG_5717.JPG
IMG_5878.JPG
IMG00054-20120830-0749.jpg

I liked the 8ight-T better than the Ten-T but the Ten-T was solid. It screamed with an OS .21TM in it! I was not a fan of ROSS/EZstart tho. :)

I dont have her anymore but I do still have an 8ight-T :)

View attachment 174203View attachment 174204View attachment 174205View attachment 174206
I always liked my 8ight t too, I have both, but honestly I like them evenly, also, what mods were required to fit the 21tm? I know the cranks were shorter, or I thought they were, because the 3.4 has that stupid clutch bell, so it needs the longer crank, are they the same length?

I always liked my 8ight t too, I have both, but honestly I like them evenly, also, what mods were required to fit the 21tm? I know the cranks were shorter, or I thought they were, because the 3.4 has that stupid clutch bell, so it needs the longer crank, are they the same length?
I dont recall doing any mods but then again its been 12 years or so since I had that engine and rig so even if I did I dont remember. Sorry :(

Back