A Duratraxx Raze followed me home 🙃

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsbuickman

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hiya Guy's, It's been awhile 🤠 . About 12-14 years ago I had a Duratraxx Raze truggy that I really enjoyed. It was one of the most stable & consistent big block 1/8 scale rigs I've ever had. As usual I traded it for something else that came along then I just had to have and I've been kicking myself in the proverbial butt and trying to locate another one ever since. Well it looks like the r/c gods have smiled down on me because a Raze' just happened to follow me home all these years later for a Benny Franklin.

What's surprising is not only is this in really good condition but it's all original & still has the factory wheels & tires, fm adio system & the thunder tigre .27 mill it it w/ excellent compression.

All in all I like it & it'll be around a long time to come annd it's already playing nice w/ my Associated MGT 4.6 🤠 ..

IMG20231114145500.jpg

IMG20231114145519.jpg

IMG_20231114_153653.jpg

Other than checking everything from bumper to bumper plans for the Raze include a good 2.4 Ghz radio system, 20% O'donnell' fuel & a good looking set of 17mm wheels & tires. I'm thinking perhaps five spoke Chrome Proline Wheels with trencher or badlands M/T tires to make this thing a proper truggy 🤠 .
Id drop that fm radio and go with a new era 2,4 ghz model fm was ok but it had issues with underground cable of all sorts.

A new radio is definetly on the agenda. I have a sneaky suspicion this thing has been a shelf Queen setting somewhere collecting dust for a very long time. It's all Factory original and untouched and I seriously doubt the engines even then broken in yet, so I'll run it through an engine break in just in case. I'll be installing a hinged receiver battery box to replace the factory hold down for a 4 AA alkaline receiver battery pack and I'll probably upgrade it with a hinged radio box while I'm at it. I just got an Airtronics aMX-V 2.4 rx, I just need to locate several receivers for it. While I'm trying to locate those receivers I'll pick up another radio just in case, probably a redcat or flysky fs-gt3c / fs-,gt3x

If you're planning on putting a bigger tire on it just know that adding rotational weight will make the buggy more sluggish at lower speeds. Not to mention changing the diameter of the tire will affect your slow speed punch as well as overall top speed. You might want to consider some different gear combos to account for this.

Looks like a fun little project. Keep us posted.

Wahoo, new parts are otw for the Raze' 😀 . I ordered a Radiolink 4 channel tx
w/ 3 additional rx's. 1/8 scale M/T 17mm Proline wheels & Talon ext tires and a 2000mah rx battery to replace the 4 AA alkaline receiver battery holder that it came with. I'll have to dig through my spare parts but I should have some Associated or XTM hinged radio & rx battery boxes for it,🤠 ..

IMG_20231203_231456.jpg

IMG_20231203_231258.jpg

IMG_20231203_231222.jpg

medium_52C0F0A75BBD8F1A681F42E56046BBCD.jpg

i just found one myself today, looking for a parts break down with the numbers

Just noticed you got a lil pooh on your table. 🤣