Is the rc18t worth the money?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mxboy100

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey guys,
looking at getting an rc18t, is it worth the $150?
Top speed:
Durable:
drive in the house?

I like it alot! Fast, 4wd, tight steering, Havent broke anything yet. I just bash no racing. Check out the rc18t.com and one18th.com any other question feel free to ask.

I don't have one, but I know 2 people that have them and know of a couple more. The 2 people I know say (and I've seen) that the rc18t's are very quick and handle great in stock form, but are fragile. At the track 2 weeks ago, the first time one guy had his out, he was going around a long sweeper (and not very fast) and lightly clipped his front right wheel on the foam track barrier. Well, his upper camber link snapped in half and the top mounting place for the shock snapped. It was crazy because watching it happen didn't look like he would have broken a thing.

There has been one person that I know of that came in the HobbyStore saying how easily his 18t broke.

So until they get the kinks worked out, I'm waiting to pick mine up. I checked out the Trinity IB Sypder, but it comes with bushings and friction shocks.

I think the RC18 is worth the money but I was also lookin' @ the Mini-T Pro.

Does anyone know if or when they might fix these kinks out if they do??

Cuz i dont have patience, i want it now!!!!!!!!!

mxboy100 said:
Does anyone know if or when they might fix these kinks out if they do??

Cuz i dont have patience, i want it now!!!!!!!!!

I know how you feel. I want a 4WD electric stadium truck, and I was looking at the 18t. Now I'm wondering how durable the Itsy Bitsy Spyder is. Might get that, instead.

The name "Itsy Bitsy Spyder" kills me tho
LOL

rc18t is so worth the money a guy at my lhs has one and he says it goes around 45 he did put a brushless and a new batt and that thing kicks a** got to play with it my self.

Last edited:
It LOOKS to be a better deal than the Mini-t and the IB Spider. I like the fact that the rx and esc are seperate on it. The 4wd helps alot too. BUT, I would wait till they work any bugs out.

Greyryder said:
I know how you feel. I want a 4WD electric stadium truck, and I was looking at the 18t. Now I'm wondering how durable the Itsy Bitsy Spyder is. Might get that, instead.

The Itsy Bitsy is nice - quick and great turning. 4WD, Reverse, battery Pack everything is included but the AA for the Controler.

Here are some pics of a Blue Itsy Bitsy
DSC00035.JPG

DSC00030.JPG

DSC00033.JPG

Last edited:
I drive the hell out of my 18t and have yet to break anything!

RC 18 t

They're great. they are fast stock, they handle great...4wd, and they have all the upgrades you had to buy aftermarket for your mini t. like ball diffs, ball bearings, rechargeable battery, a better radio, and seperate reciever and speed controller so you can upgrade to a better radio without replacing the speed controller. The battery lasts about 10 - 15 mins on full charge if you run it hard.
it is a great truck and beats the mini t pro in every aspect.

I got the RC18 for x-mas and raced it against the Mini-T. The RC18 is stock and the mini has the bearings and oil shocks upgrade. On every catagory the RC18 kicked the Mini's ass. But the Mini is 2wd compared to the RC18 4wd. IMO the RC18 is a great upgrade if ur looking to replace ur Mini-T.

I'm going to race both in Staten Island at Brownies as well as RatzoRc. Look for the results this spring.

the rc18T is awsome my friend has one. IT seems really nice it does seem to have some problems like rear stub axles are bad,. When ever it is going fast it will pull to the left ( i think) but it doesn't do it when it is moving slow I think is be because of the placement the of spinning and shaft. Something I like is that it is quite and cheap.. for what it comes with plus you can add your own speedo with out a new servo or reciver!!!

I might be picking one up also and ebaying my mini-t