Traxxas UDR VS Losi BR2

• Thread starter joseandresmartin2004
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joseandresmartin2004

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey how are you guys doing, so I’m in the market looking for a desert racing truck, I’m currently between the Losi Baja Rey 2.0 and the traxxas UDR, here in Mexico I’m looking around a 350 dollar difference between these two rigs, my question is if the UDR is worth the extra money over the BR2 and if not how capable is the BR2 compared to the UDR

Welcome.

The Losi BR 2.0 is a smaller truck (running on max 3S power), than the Traxxas UDR (which runs on 4s/6s). I imagine that accounts for some of the price difference. I haven't owned either one, but my middle son has a UDR and he has been quite happy with it. No parts broken so far, so durability hasn't been an issue. I expect the Losi would be a fine truck too, but have nothing to back that up.

They are two different scales, with the UDR being the bigger truck. I have been wanting a UDR for a while now. It's a great looking truck, and I love the suspension on it. If you got the funds, I'd go for the UDR.

Do you already have a good charger?

Last edited:
They are two different scales, with the UDR being the bigger truck. I have been wanting s UDR for a while now. It's a great looking truck, and I love the suspension on it. If you got the funds, I'd go for the UDR.

Do you already have a good charger?
Thanks appreciated, yeah I already have charger and batteries

Thanks appreciated, yeah I already have charger and batteries
I wanted to add to my initial response, especially since I haven't looked at the Baja Rey much.

For the UDR, if you haven't seen this video, check out how the UDR just flows across the terrain. It plants itself after a jump like a glob of pudding hitting the floor. It's really impressive.

I am not a big Traxxas fan for a number of reasons, but Traxxas does have a few gems, for sure. In my opinion, the UDR is the diamond of all of their kits. I want one so bad, but I have so many other things that need attention.

The Losi looks fun, but it does have close to a 2" shorter wheelbase. Given that disadvantage, you have to expect a little less realistic performance, simply because gravity works differently on smaller, lighter objects. So if you look at the Baja Rey hitting similar terrain, you will see a lot of differences in the way it hits the rough stuff.

It just looks a bit more stressed out. Less floaty, and less planted. I also see a LOT of body flex, which just makes the truck look cheap. I hate to diss on Losi, because they have made great RC's over the years, but dayum, that looks bad!

I think if you could fix that flimsy body with some Shoe Goo and drywall mesh tape, that would be a big plus. I also think adding just a little sprung weight and adjusting the shock oil, then adding just a tad more squat would do wonders for this kit as far as performance goes.

But for me, the UDR is just a huge step up, so I would choose it. I can see having a blast with either kit as far as driving them and modding them goes though, so I don't think you could go wrong either way.

Keep us posted!

If it were me @joseandresmartin2004 , I would go with the UDR. It looks like a killer suspension as @WickedFog mentioned.

Zero bounce on it and I believe Traxxas hit it out of the park with this one.

If it were me @joseandresmartin2004 , I would go with the UDR. It looks like a killer suspension as @WickedFog mentioned.

Zero bounce on it and I believe Traxxas hit it out of the park with this one.
There is a guy on YT showing a bunch of really cool mods for the UDR, like some really sweet looking shocks. $105 for a pair of these bad boys. https://lxshocks.com/products/the1-7bypass-shocks-135mm-160mm
image_8b20b969-4394-4295-bf32-3ea9c342d830_1000x.jpeg

I can see why it's so expensive for just a pair but wow, great looking shocks.

There is a guy on YT showing a bunch of really cool mods for the UDR, like some really sweet looking shocks. $105 for a pair of these bad boys. https://lxshocks.com/products/the1-7bypass-shocks-135mm-160mm
View attachment 178857
I wanted to add to my initial response, especially since I haven't looked at the Baja Rey much.

For the UDR, if you haven't seen this video, check out how the UDR just flows across the terrain. It plants itself after a jump like a glob of pudding hitting the floor. It's really impressive.

I am not a big Traxxas fan for a number of reasons, but Traxxas does have a few gems, for sure. In my opinion, the UDR is the diamond of all of their kits. I want one so bad, but I have so many other things that need attention.

The Losi looks fun, but it does have close to a 2" shorter wheelbase. Given that disadvantage, you have to expect a little less realistic performance, simply because gravity works differently on smaller, lighter objects. So if you look at the Baja Rey hitting similar terrain, you will see a lot of differences in the way it hits the rough stuff.

It just looks a bit more stressed out. Less floaty, and less planted. I also see a LOT of body flex, which just makes the truck look cheap. I hate to diss on Losi, because they have made great RC's over the years, but dayum, that looks bad!

I think if you could fix that flimsy body with some Shoe Goo and drywall mesh tape, that would be a big plus. I also think adding just a little sprung weight and adjusting the shock oil, then adding just a tad more squat would do wonders for this kit as far as performance goes.

But for me, the UDR is just a huge step up, so I would choose it. I can see having a blast with either kit as far as driving them and modding them goes though, so I don't think you could go wrong either way.

Keep us posted!
Thanks for the extra info bro!! will keep you guys posted

Keep us posted!
I ended up getting the BR2, right now I’m tuning the shocks to be a little bit more sensitive and already found a solution for the flimsy body

I ended up getting the BR2, right now I’m tuning the shocks to be a little bit more sensitive and already found a solution for the flimsy body
Share some pics of things. Maybe start your build thread and get your badge 😉

Congrats on the new Losi!

The UDR calls to me often... but that Losi, so far, looks like a nice rig.

Back