is revo the best to build for racing?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hirevn

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm going to build a truck for racing and my lhs says the revo will be the best truck on the market to build for racing short of a truggy conversion.what do you guys think?true or just a sales pitch as they have like 50 revos on the shelf.if i do go revo i probably wont even run it till i do foc,shocks,and other upgrades to make race ready.

The REVO is indeed awsome, I dont race mine but from what i have heard they race well!

The REVO is race ready off the shelf. If this is your first attempt at local club racing you will be happy with it.

The only issue for you that I can see is the REVO comes Pre-Built. You post says you want to build a truck.

You want go wrong.

1/8th scale buggies are the fastest most nimble of all off-road RC's and that's why the truggy is so successful as it is built on a buggy chassis. Nothing can hang equal driver to equal driver. The REVO is a MT that is made to be raced so it would be a good choice for the MT class. Racing a REVO against and unlimited class truggy would be unfair do to engine displacement differences but I would like to see it as I think the REVO could hang pretty good with its small block.

thanks for the info guys.i do like to build,thats one of the reasons i got into r/c but the revo looks like a great truck and ill just have to takeit apart anyway to do some mods.I'm just trying to decide to build a revo,savage ss or a unlimited truggy out of a mugen mbx-5.the savage ss would be the most cost effective but the revo seems to be the better truck and the mugen conversion is expensive.

Do not use a savage to race it will turn your stomach... :spam

i debated whether i should have bought a revo instead of my SUT. its a very nice truck and 4 a smallblock can more than hang w/many big blocks. truggies unfortunately its outclassed 4 most part. but their a different kettle of fish that wont be in the same class anyway.

i still havent decided if i'm gettin rid of my buggy or not, but i still can't validate goin and gettin a revo in its place. however i like the truck alot. i have a great video of 1 at our track, but unfortunately my site is down (changin providers). if u have gmail or equiv i could send it 2 u.

-Ult

How well do you thing revo with a .23 sirio would do against a truggy? Thats what I plan to run next race season.

a truggy w/a standard engine and a standard driver will still take the day. seen that at our track already. now granted ur track may vary, but on ours, no contest, a stock dominator and SUT take out even a revo w/engine swap and a maxx w/2500 in it.

-Ult

Back