Is it worth getting/upgrading to a TQi Radio?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure about the GT5 but there are a couple who use the Flysky Noble NB4.
Thanks for the reply. There are a couple threads on here that I could have posted this question in.

I might go with the Noble, with the other option (for me, right now) being the Futaba 4pm plus. I like the initial cost of the noble and also the cost of additional receivers.

Part of the reason for my question was to get an answer like you provided. I don’t want to end up buying twice. Or at least, I prefer to avoid buying twice back-to-back.

Thank you again, Greywolf74.

Has anyone here used a Flysky GT5 for racing? I’ve already got one & will be building up a 1/8 electric buggy in the coming weeks.
…curious if using it is a good/bad idea.
Thanks.
Although I don't race, I have that radio. Keep spare fresh batteries. It likes the juice.

Thanks for the reply. There are a couple threads on here that I could have posted this question in.

I might go with the Noble, with the other option (for me, right now) being the Futaba 4pm plus. I like the initial cost of the noble and also the cost of additional receivers.

Part of the reason for my question was to get an answer like you provided. I don’t want to end up buying twice. Or at least, I prefer to avoid buying twice back-to-back.

Thank you again, Greywolf74.
you're welcome. The 4PM+ is the better radio but as you said the NB4 price tag is more attractive. I dont race but just starting out I would think the NB4 would do just fine. @bill_delong uses an NB4, among other radios, and hes been racing a long time. I tagged him so hopefully he will see it and weigh in on the topic

Yes a TQI radio is compatible with TQ receivers. It's very easy to set up multiple cars with the link As well as steering end points, sub-trim, Throttle, braking, etc. The only drawback is if you have to adjust one of these settings, you need to go into the app on your phone.

What's cool is the Traxxas car that you turn on, the radio will automatically recognize it. I have a spektrum DX4C, a DX3C, and a TQi radio. For the feel of the radio in my big hands, I like the TQI radio. For bashing and casual track driving, the TQi works great. You will always be able to find traxxas receivers. DX3C receivers are not existent and DX4C receivers are much harder to come by these days.

DX4C uses DSMR and DSM2 receivers Both of which are readily available. DSM2 receivers are rather cheap these days https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...acat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_odkw=sr3100&_osacat=0\

Yea thats what I hate is you need a phone to adjust all of those settings. I would rather have it in my radio then on my phone.

Also depends on the price of the receivers. One of the traxxas receivers I had was faulty so I got the same one and it was 30 dollars (3 channel, TQ rx) Radiolink rxs cost 15-20 dollars. And I've seen 3 channel fly sky rxs go about 8 - 10 dollars.

The cool thing about that tx is that it is 5 channel and has the diff locker switch and 2 speed trans switch. i could use that for LED lights.

Yes. I have the RC4GS V3. I like all the functions it's just the quality of the plastic. (Broke the back half of the trigger, hopefully my CA glue will hold) What I might even do is get a RC6 and keep the RC4 for my dad.
It does seem silly that Traxxas does not offer a high end Radio with more adjustability on the radio itself; it’s not like no one would buy it…..

You do not need the app or your phone to adjust anything on the radio. It just makes it 1,000,000,000,000,000 times easier.

1701737825532.png

The TQi radio is probably one of the most feature rich ready to run radio systems on the market. But that being said I wouldn't go out of my way to buy one.

Back