Iphone Jailbreak

• Thread starter alpinehyperlite
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alpinehyperlite

Original RCNT Nutswinger
Supporter
Police
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So has anyone jail broken their iphones? Or does anyone know anything about it. Pros and Cons.
As far as all of my research has gone, it is not illegal to do...... But am just curious about all the stuff on it.

So has anyone jail broken their iphones? Or does anyone know anything about it. Pros and Cons.
As far as all of my research has gone, it is not illegal to do...... But am just curious about all the stuff on it.

my brother jailbroke his the other day and he really likes it so far. The main reason he did was so that he could use it as a router, and then with his laptop he could connect to his phone as a router anywhere he wants. The apps are all free but from what I know it is, in fact, illegal. Even though it is illegal, nobody will ever find out that you did jailbreak it.

How can it be illegal if you own it? And you should wait till after OS 4.0 goes live and see what comes with it, might be worth keeping then.

I have the original 3g. Not the 3gs, so it processor might be a little slow. Apple tried to make it illegal, but the actual act of jailbreaking is not illegal, that would be like saying you cannot buy a PC and run linux on it..... the downloading of ripped apps is illegal.

The downside of jailbreaking the iPhone is that it voids the warranty. If Apple can prove that your phone has been jail broken, they can refuse to repair it.

I got the first 3g in Louisiana........ so my warranty is gone already. lol

The downside of jailbreaking the iPhone is that it voids the warranty. If Apple can prove that your phone has been jail broken, they can refuse to repair it.

Some people have said that they can't tell, but that's only if it's completely bricked. If you send it in for a battery issue or something, they can tell. Which is pretty much why I haven't done it yet. I want the features, but my wife bought it for me for Christmas, and I can't really afford to replace it of something goes wrong.

Seriously, I spend way too much money on RC crap. :D

Jailbreaking is easy and completely reversible. To return to factory state, just go in iTunes and do a restore.

It's not illegal, and Apple will never know if you do a restore before letting them look at it.

Until recently there was only a tethered jailbreak out for the os 3 and up, meaning you need to connect to a computer to restart the device, but now Spirit is out, and is an untethered jailbreak.

I have jailbroken my iPod and it adds so much functionality that even the risks are worth it, IMO. And that's before you even consider that you can use pirated apps. A lot of third party utilities can only be used if you have jailbroken (like backgrounder for multitasking) and most of them are free, and there is even a third party app store for the ones that aren't.

I've been jailbroken for a few days now. Just trying to figure out what are the best/worst things about it.

Since Spirit came out, there's nothing permanently bad about it. I say permanently because obviously you need to get rid of the JB before letting Apple look at it. Before Spirit though you had to be careful not to let the battery die if you weren't near a computer.

The list of pros just goes on and on though...