In the market for new 1/10 rig...Is Traxxas Rally a good choice?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dbnjzb

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
In the market for new 1/10 rig...Is Traxxas Rally a good choice? Just wondering. I mean I'm pretty set on it but just looking for feedback from anyone who has it. What upgrades are needed? Or is there any thing else you recommend over that. Thanks. Dave

What are you wanting to do mainly? Bash? I like to always recommend the Slash 4x4 if you dont have one.

The traxxas rally converted to a slash SCT is probably the best basher on the market if your not running in tall grass or have any other need for a MT. The rally is basically just a slash with a lower center of gravity and can easily be converted to a slash with only a few parts.

If you are going to be running in tall grass or really rough terrain then I would suggest a savage flux.

Thanks guys! I already own a Savage X SS. I was just looking for something to use in snow and wet conditions. Bashing would probably be main but I wouldn't wanna rule out taking it to the track. Indoor or outdoor. The thing I like about the Rally is its both onroad and off and waterproof. Also, parts are easy to find. I almost pressed the place order button on the rally tonight but I just wanted to sleep on it. :) Thanks for all the feedback!

Btw I love my Savage! What a great truck! I was actually thinking about the Savage xs as well but it just seems small and not really track friendly either.

I was at the LHS just yesterday actually picking up some parts for my Stampede build and they had a Traxxas Rally on display. Looks like a pretty solid car honestly. Off the bat the only thing I'd probably change is upgrade to RPM a-arms and shock towers.

Then again I do this regardless of the car or truck so long as RPM offers them. You really cannot go wrong with RPM. :)

My question would be who has the better Rally car (If your looking at Rallys) Traxxas or HPIs?

^+1. Take a look at HPI's WR8 flux. Jang from URC gives it a really great review.

Thanks everyone for the feedback! Although, there was a slight change in plans! I decided to buy an iPad instead! Yeah one of my other joys. It's been a long time since any new electronics! Thanks for the help. Got the iPad mini and love it!

Back