I'm back.

• Thread starter SilentHunterKellen
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HumboldtBlazer said:
Yes I have driven a boosted Saab 900 auto. Not as fast as the auto. Show me a model where the auto version is faster than the stick. We see rpms you don't. Sorry but it is a fact not my opinion.

You gotta define an auto tranny. They do have tiptronic transmissions that use a clutch that are just as quick as a manual tranny, sometimes faster than a manual. Also, they can match rev a lot better, look at ferrari.

Some with torque converters have shift kits so you can lock the torque converter, which I think would make the car accelerate and shift similiar to a manual.

Also, they do have 5 and 6 speed auto trannies. So in some applications, the gear ratios isn't the problem.

But generally speaking, manuals are faster than autos.

kwong2001 said:
You gotta define an auto tranny.

clutch

but the fastest gear boxes are on F1's and they have paddle shifting w/no clutch so wadda I know. They are just able to control the RPM's, and that's what makes power, not some pre-set shift point.

I think the thing sold on ebay. It showed the whole inside and stuff. It was in storage for a while.

Ok, all I got to say is, what center of gravity? You can see the block above the hoodline. That cannot be good in the corners. Crazy though, I give it that. Hey, I wonder if rednecks made that?

WellI have driven the boosted andnA rides. Both are nice but to most people Forced induction is hard to come by till the car has gotten old as well as the engine. I personally don't care for Factory turbines. Weak and underrated for an engine that can handle more. I am almost tempted to get a turbonetics set up for my EF9 so I can prove it that I can smoke a Lancer VIII or a STI. Too much hype. Honda engines love going into the higher RPMS. VTEC plus Turbo, a wonderful marriage. I still want to get a Fully NA Hybrid Honda motor to hit the 500Whp. It can be done. If single cams can do it then my Dual cam GSR will !!!

Hahahaha.... What corners? Its made for going fast in a straight line! Talk about heavy in the front end though.

Rednecks would never buy a 4 banger to begin with, lol...My vote goes for a middle aged man with just enough money to buy the engine, but not enough for a better car.

That car probably has some SERIOUS tractions issues. I can respect the work, but the concept is still stupid

.21Rc10GT said:
Hahahaha.... What corners? Its made for going fast in a straight line! Talk about heavy in the front end though.

not to mention that you cannot see out you windshield.

Jon2, external waste gate stock. Just adjust and done :) 20 + PSI on stock Saab 2.0 internals. Dats what the dual fuel pumps ans sick stock injectors are for.

kwong2001 said:
Rednecks would never buy a 4 banger to begin with, lol...My vote goes for a middle aged man with just enough money to buy the engine, but not enough for a better car.

That car probably has some SERIOUS tractions issues. I can respect the work, but the concept is still stupid
I am with you on this one Kwong. Looks like an idea that came to life with out much thought.

Hmmm Lets drop an engine that outpowers the car... not an uncommon thing to happen. Seen it as too many try to do what " Top Secret " does in Japan.

not much thought. Lots of american rides are made to be tough to beat imports racers. Shame but is is someone's idea thank god not mine.

wish you had it still HB. If I do come to a bash with you I will try and get you a surprise for your Spec V

HumboldtBlazer said:
Yes I have driven a boosted Saab 900 auto. Not as fast as the manual. Show me a model where the auto version is faster than the stick. We see rpms you don't. Sorry but it is a fact not my opinion.

Actually my car sees rpms that most other cars dont. First off it redlines at 7500 which is higher than all hondas besides S2k which is another amazing engine. Also i have a triptronic which matches revs and shifts seamlessly pulling power through the whole powerband. I also can redline to about 8000 before it autoshifts for me so yeah, this automatic isnt a tame one, its still got revs and it can outshift "average" drivers.

jon2, i know u said something about Top Secret in Japan and they DO build cars which power can be handled, they build Supras and Skylines and sht. Fast supercars.

.21Rc10GT said:

Sorry to crush all of your dreams but this is obviously fake because the Cavalier is a Front Wheel drive car, and well, that engine is mounted for rwd. Unless serious wrenching went on, its impossible. Also, look at the wheels they are 6 lug models which obviously belong to a truck. Cavaliers accomodate 4 lug (maybe 5 lug at most if I'm mistaken).

Kellen, there comes a point where torque converters can't take the revs of some engines. I know the RX8 with an auto tranny was given a lower redline because the torque converter couldn't handle what the engine was capable of.

I know that I'm still a 2 door.

nah, torque can be good for low end but my 2.2 liter aint exactly a low end monster, it shines when i hit about 5.5k rpms and the vtec and hp kicks in, it screams.

I used to argue with my friends about the whole auto/manual thing all the time. What I miss about my auto is the consistant shifts and track times. My Neon was very slow but it was consistantly slow. It would run 17.3* all day long. My Talon has a 5 speed and my track times have varied by more than a second in some cases because of imperfect shifting and launch's. On the highway however I could never keep up in the Neon because the gears simply weren't there and it would take forever to get up to speed.The car was dead until around 4.5K and it fell on it's face in 3rd gear.The Talon pulls nice (when it's running right) all the way to redline (7k) in all gears. It kinda drops off in 5th but by the time I hit 5th gear I'm going to fast and usually slow down anyway.

Whats better an inline 6 or a V6? Why?

SilentHunterKellen said:
Whats better an inline 6 or a V6? Why?
As far as I know the straight 6 will be more stable but as far as efficeint..not too sure. I have a web site that can explain it. when I get home I will post it up

Would the V6 out torque the inline 6? Just because of the V shape? Just wondering because say two engines, identical power and torque ratings, identical displacement, which would win? (same weight)

I've never really liked import kinda cars n hondas like that. especially when they got ugly paint jobs and decals. i jus make fun of the car and think how stupid those people are when i see cars like that. i love 4x4s and american muscle. especially 67-69 mustangs. wow i can't wait till i can drive so i can buy myself a 67 fastback. lol
savager

SaVaGeR21 said:
I've never really liked import kinda cars n hondas like that. especially when they got ugly paint jobs and decals. i jus make fun of the car and think how stupid those people are when i see cars like that. i love 4x4s and american muscle. especially 67-69 mustangs. wow i can't wait till i can drive so i can buy myself a 67 fastback. lol
savager

Only problem with muscle cars, is they don't handle...all straightline

Back