If You Didn't Do Anything RC Related, What Did You Do, Today?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Headed back home later today, but had yesterday off and my wife and I brought our doggies to the coast. Just got back from a nice morning walk on the beach. A little chilly but the sun and a jacket makes it feel just right. :cool:
1000005789.jpg

Headed back home later today, but had yesterday off and my wife and I brought our doggies to the coast. Just got back from a nice morning walk on the beach. A little chilly but the sun and a jacket makes it feel just right. :cool:
View attachment 185082
Which coasts are you located?

So a shcnitzel is kind of like a chicken fried steak, or chicken frid chicken, sort of.

If @Doom! lived Down Under, he would be eating schnitzel. It fancy chicken tender. However, he will still need a bib.
@Warby do they have childrens' bibs available in Australia?
There is a reason we also have a kids table. 🤣

View attachment 185082
Jesus? Is that you? 😄

Cool pic, and awesome little guys ya got there.

Started off with rc, but ended up with me washing my kayak. After that was done, I decided I haven't played with my crossbow in quite some time. Started off at around 15yd, finished at around 35yd. Got a good arms and back workout from all the cocking.
After the crossbow, I grabbed my .22 Benjamin Trail airgun. Sent a few dozen pellets down range, but I didn't shoot this too well. It's been awhile since I shot a break-barrel, piston type gun. Out of practice! Will make a point to improve on it.
With the sun setting and hunger starting to set in, I wanting to finish the day with a bit of knife throwing practice.
Made this my fun day, since it's supposed to rain tomorrow and back to work Monday.
20240316_150837.jpg
20240316_143331.jpg
20240316_143050.jpg
20240316_171826.jpg

Started off with rc, but ended up with me washing my kayak. After that was done, I decided I haven't played with my crossbow in quite some time. Started off at around 15yd, finished at around 35yd. Got a good arms and back workout from all the cocking.
After the crossbow, I grabbed my .22 Benjamin Trail airgun. Sent a few dozen pellets down range, but I didn't shoot this too well. It's been awhile since I shot a break-barrel, piston type gun. Out of practice! Will make a point to improve on it.
With the sun setting and hunger starting to set in, I wanting to finish the day with a bit of knife throwing practice.
Made this my fun day, since it's supposed to rain tomorrow and back to work Monday.
View attachment 185116View attachment 185115View attachment 185117View attachment 185118

You have a lot of cool toys.

I couldn't wait to turn 16 so I could make $
I had a paper route when I was a kid. Made about $35/week doing that in 1979-1980. Kept me in rubberband airplanes and Transformers. Then my dad started a woodshop around that same time. By the time I was 13 (3 years later) I was piggy banking around $300/week in the woodshop which I spent on RC's and BMX bikes.

I gotta pick a program coming up next year for school. Thinking about doing the apprenticeship program so I can actually work and do school at the same time. And get paid. Hopefully auto repair is one of those jobs I can do / help out with

Cause dad says, Yea I can't pay for all of this. I mean. I pay for some of my stuff. Mostly when I go get parts in person at the hobby shop or my track fees in cash.

I gotta pick a program coming up next year for school. Thinking about doing the apprenticeship program so I can actually work and do school at the same time. And get paid. Hopefully auto repair is one of those jobs I can do / help out with

Cause dad says, Yea I can't pay for all of this. I mean. I pay for some of my stuff. Mostly when I go get parts in person at the hobby shop or my track fees in cash.
We had a summer program called the PICK program that let kids from low income homes work summer jobs. My aptitude tests were high enough that I got placed in the local Area Planning department. It's where they drew maps of the county I lived in. They also monitored all the traffic lights and signals, etc.

The boss there was a really cool guy. He set me to work drawing small, limited feature maps of each of the small towns in the county. When I was done with them he put them together in a binder that said "Vigo County Area Towns and Villages by Kevin R" and sent them to all the fire departments. I was so proud of that, especially when a couple fire chiefs came in and thanked me.

It was a really fun job. I still remember the other guy working across my drafting table. Heinz Reiter was his name. Grouchy old German guy. He was drawing a huge map like the city maps you get at the gas station. It was soooo cool to see how they did that back then. All the letters were drawn by hand using these...
il_fullxfull.5879509107_lv3z.jpg

To start a map, you got one of the big arial photos of the part of town you wanted to draw. Shrunk it down on a huge copier, then laid your transparent sheet over it and drew the streets and streams and such in with rulers, or by hand.

Point is, don't limit yourself to a job unless it's something you know you'll love. I never had any idea the job they stuck me with was even a thing. Why I didn't go apply there after I graduated is beyond me. Chasing girls I guess 🤷‍♂️

Loved that job.

Back