If You Didn't Do Anything RC Related, What Did You Do, Today?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to the gun range on this dreary day to zero in my Vortex scope that I had swapped onto my S&W AR15 yesterday. I had decided that this AR will mainly be a bench gun. It is now zeroed in at 100yd.
Also, practiced with the S&W 9mm Shield.
20240315_155142.jpg
20240315_155157.jpg
20240315_160757.jpg

Looks like home to some monsters. What all have you caught there?
I usually catch bass out of the pond. I’ve seen some massive carp but I’ve never been lucky enough to tie into one of those. The bayou is connected to it and that’s where I catch most of my other fish

I usually catch bass out of the pond. I’ve seen some massive carp but I’ve never been lucky enough to tie into one of those. The bayou is connected to it and that’s where I catch most of my other fish
I have only ever caught carp while snagging with huge treble hooks. Biggest one was 25". Hooked into one though that was much, much bigger, but it nearly pulled me into the deep had it not been for a root that caught my heel on the way down the mound I was standing on. I wasn't expecting to hook into something that big and when it hit, it immediately took off down a deep hole and I leaned back and my feet slipped out from under me. Down the hill I went. I would hate to hook into something like that in a kayak 😅

You guys have some big alligator gar there. That was what I was meaning by monsters 😉

I have only ever caught carp while snagging with huge treble hooks. Biggest one was 25". Hooked into one though that was much, much bigger, but it nearly pulled me into the deep had it not been for a root that I caught my heel on the way down the mound I was standing on. I wasn't expecting to hook into something that big and when it hit, it immediately took off down a deep hole and I leaned back and my feet slipped out from under me. Down the hill I went. I would hate to hook into something like that in a kayak 😅

You guys have some big alligator gar there. That was what I was meaning by monsters 😉
I haven’t got any gar much bigger than a foot out there but at the river we’ve caught some that are well over 4’ long. You don’t want to land one that big 😅

I haven’t got any gar much bigger than a foot out there but at the river we’ve caught some that are well over 4’ long. You don’t want to land one that big 😅
Landing implies the hard, challenging task is done. I believe what you mean is not hooking up to something that large.....in a kayak! 🙂
What's the average water temp there, right now?

Biggest thing we have here are flathead catfish and spoonbill, though spoonbill have possibly gone the way of the dodo here. But I have seen flatheads pulling a 14' John boat around. We used to use the big river poles with huge open faced reels in an area on the Wabash river called catfish alley. The catfish there lay in front of a really old log jam in water that was about 40' deep.

I've always wanted to catch a Sturgeon using my kayak but after rolling it a couple years ago in cold water,
now I've always wanted to catch a Sturgeon using my pontoon. :D

Landing implies the hard, challenging task is done. I believe what you mean is not hooking up to something that large.....in a kayak! 🙂
What's the average water temp there, right now?
No we hooked those guys from the bank. With them the battle only begins once you get them ashore. I’m not sure what the average temp would be for me it’s either warm enough to fish or too cold to fish😂
Biggest thing we have here are flathead catfish and spoonbill, though spoonbill have possibly gone the way of the dodo here. But I have seen flatheads pulling a 14' John boat around. We used to use the big river poles with huge open faced reels in an area on the Wabash river called catfish alley. The catfish there lay in front of a really old log jam in water that was about 40' deep.

I want to tangle with a flathead terrible bad I’m planning on learning to catch them this year

I love fishing in the Snake River because you can catch anything. Flatheads, Blues, Channel Cats, Sturgeon, Bullheads, Trout,
pan fish like Crappie, Bluegill and sun fish.
Used to be able to catch Salmon but when they built the dams on the Snake River they built them without fish ladders.
The Snake runs into the Columbia River and runs to the ocean from there.

No we hooked those guys from the bank. With them the battle only begins once you get them ashore. I’m not sure what the average temp would be for me it’s either warm enough to fish or too cold to fish😂

I want to tangle with a flathead terrible bad I’m planning on learning to catch them this year
Best bait we used for flatheads was night crawlers or fish guts. For big channel cats - chicken liver. That's the only thing that will bite on liver here. They are both fun to catch in strong river current from a boat.

Be a man.....noodling! 😆

Seriously though, no way in h3ll I would stick my arm into a hole under water!
I'll just watch her do it😍....

Be a man.....noodling! 😆

Seriously though, no way in h3ll I would stick my arm into a hole under water!
I'll just watch her do it😍....
Yeah... no way you would get me doing that. Local fisherman here is missing a finger from doing that craziness and tangled with a snapping turtle. He pulled in a 65lb flathead noodling though. He had a picture of it hanging in his bait shop with huge scrapes all over his arm from the fight.

Back