If You Didn't Do Anything RC Related, What Did You Do, Today?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have the over the door spring and when they go, it sounds like a freakin' shotgun blast. They are indeed a freakin' PITA.
I installed maybe a dozen garage doors over the years. 6 or 7 while doing construction. I had one of those springs wound up nearly all the way and lost it. It scared me clean off my step ladder.

I installed maybe a dozen garage doors over the years. 6 or 7 while doing construction. I had one of those springs wound up nearly all the way and lost it. It scared me clean off my step ladder.

They inspire creative laguage, this much I know!

We have the over the door spring and when they go, it sounds like a freakin' shotgun blast. They are indeed a freakin' PITA.
Yep, I figured out this morning that unexplained loud noise I heard yesterday.

I need to go hang out with Xray for awhile.
Trek had a flat tire so I have to give her a attitude adjustment.
How swollen is your hand and how many colors is your foot? How many people witnessed you hoping around talking like a sailor? 🤣🤪

OH man. Did not touch the RC stuff like I wanted to today lmao. The plan was to do a quick tie rod end job on the Miata after work then go hit the park and get my Tmaxx running for the first time this season.

Turns out the sloppiness I felt was the steering rack itself 😑 Midnight came around before the rack was out and now the car is down until at least Tuesday when the new rack arrives.

Another one of those moments to think about when I get frustrated with one of my RCs, the tiny cars are usually less of a headache

photo_2024-03-23_00-27-47.jpg
photo_2024-03-22_20-13-06.jpg

Idk if I posted it on here or not. But my uncle blew up another engine. This would be his 3rd engine j believe. 3rd rod wanted some fresh air.

The other day, he was doing a delivery and he was on the same road that he was on when the rod flew out. He found half of it. I said, my prediction was right, he was going to look for it. And now I say, keep it as a suvioner! He already has another engine all the way. Same used B20. But he will be down all summer doing the engine swap. Civic btw.

received_375445495306583.jpeg

IMG_20240323_102626.jpg

Spent an hour after work replacing a broken spring from one of my garage door opener. Looks simple enough, but turned out to be a pita!
Those are a nightmare if you’ve never done it.

Idk if I posted it on here or not. But my uncle blew up another engine. This would be his 3rd engine j believe. 3rd rod wanted some fresh air.

The other day, he was doing a delivery and he was on the same road that he was on when the rod flew out. He found half of it. I said, my prediction was right, he was going to look for it. And now I say, keep it as a suvioner! He already has another engine all the way. Same used B20. But he will be down all summer doing the engine swap. Civic btw.

View attachment 185685

View attachment 185686
A little wasp nest right there…..

Those are a nightmare if you’ve never done it.
I wouldn't call a nightmare, but certainly a pita! It's one of those things that seems simple on paper until you actually do it, like an oil change on car that's low to the ground.
One time, I was discussing with a coworker how I do my own oil changes to my vehicles, and he, not being mechanically inclined was rather impressed. A student listening to our conversation, chimes in on how it's actually an easy task. My coworker asked if she does her own oil change as well, and she said, yes, to her motorcycle. I asked her if she had ever do 'em on cars. She replied no.
I explained to her the challenges of crawling under and working beneath a +2 ton vehicles.

I'm wondering if Xraycer knew to have the door up to work on them 🤣
Well, the first part of the task was to straighten out the steel pulley bracket that got mangled, I'm guessing by the broken spring. The pulley also had a bent area as well. Fortunately, I was able to bend and hammer things to the right shape/angle.
When it came time to put the cabled back on, this is where I stumbled. I had to do this process about 4 times because I had to get these cables to not cross each other's and such.
I had to get my son to hold the door in the fully open position inorder to get the final cable in place and the spring attached.

Last edited:
Went to the ER and had to have my cardiac defibrillator reprogrammed. It was shocking my entire left abdomen every 5-7 seconds. Only thing I could do to stop it was lay flat on my back. My back, after years of physical labor and heavy trucking couldn't take that. All good now. And I gained 24 horsepower and 6 mpg.

I had to get my son to hold the door in the fully open position inorder to get the final cable in place and the spring attached.
I used to get dropped off at a job site by myself. The old man (my gf's dad) showed me how to hang garage doors, and that became one of my favorite jobs. Stack the panels against the door opening, hammering a 16 penny nail in at each end to hold each panel in place. Put the roller and hinge brackets on. Slide the vertical rails over the rollers and lag screw the rail brackets in. Attach the upper rails. Build hangers out of strap steel. Pull nails and raise door. C-clamp a rail in front of a roller to hold it there. Attach springs to rear of rail. Run cable through and attach. I could usually knock one out in an hour.

Fixing old ones was always a lot worse 🤪

Went to the ER and had to have my cardiac defibrillator reprogrammed. It was shocking my entire left abdomen every 5-7 seconds. Only thing I could do to stop it was lay flat on my back. My back, after years of physical labor and heavy trucking couldn't take that. All good now. And I gained 24 horsepower and 6 mpg.
So you actually got a firmware update 😄

Glad you're feeling better.

Luray Caverns

Closest one near me

Got everything almost ready to go and all my RC Stuff packed up. USPS is making me angry over here. Might gonna have to buy the same pair of tires at the hobby shop down there because USPS can never be on time. Yikes.

But tomorrow I am packing up my clothes and tech stuff. Later tomorrow night I will pack the car. And get the cart out of the storage. And we are leaving 6AM Monday morning (supposedly)

Back