I got to meet my Idol!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryson

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
First a little back ground. Ty Davis has been my hero since I was a little kid. He raced supper cross way back, then now has moved on to Desert GP, ISDE, and WORKS races. Ever since the first time I saw him in a video called motohead about 12 years ago he has just stuck in my mind as a bad ass. Well hes not all bro and such like alot of modern MX guys think they have to be, hes just a down to earth guy that likes to ride and is really good at what he does. So ever since then I have followed him in mag's and such. Some people like Chad Reed, or Ricky Carmichael, and think of them as there hero's. Well for me its Ty Davis. The thing that I think is really cool is hes a desert, and enduro guy and thats all he races pretty much, which is something I want to do someday, not all the supper cross bs. So anyway to the point!

Yesterday my dad and me went out to the Adlanto Grand Prix. We have gone for the last 3 or 4 years just to watch. Before a man named Kevin Knight started racing it, it was pretty much his race, but he was plagued by bad luck last year when his breaks went south so he couldnt pull the win last year. Again anyway lol. We were watching the races and it was all cool then they started the vetran class. He came ripping around the track and all the big jumps that people were just rolling over he just launches over them all it was sweet. Then near the end of the race me and my dad decided to go walk around the pits. As we walk twards his trailer, he pulls in after winning the race. They were selling T-shirts at a tent next to his trailer and this old woman walks out and says you want a shirt. I said well shure that would be cool, then she says want him to sign it. I say with out hesitation "Well poop ya"! So I bought another poop just for him to sign. She walked me over to him like it was nothing, and said "hey Ty would you sign this shirt for this kid"? My heart was pumping like mad. He signed it and then Me and my dad shook his hand. I told him how he'd always been my hero and we talked for a minute, shooting the breez about the race. It was by far one of the coolest moments of my life. It was just WOW, words can't describe. One of the things checked off my buckett list thats for shure. I wish to god I had my camera to have my picture taken with him, but at least its a lasting memory. I just had to share my bitchen day with you guys.

Bryson

P.S. In the pro class, Kevin Knight won it again. Ty was running 3rd, but he was ridding a new fule Injected bike, first of its kind, and it quit running on him. It was just cool to see them race though. Heres a pic of the shirt though.
CIMG0231.jpg

Last edited:
give ya $10 bucks for it..

j/k thats really cool for you, i wish i could meet magic johnson someday

give ya $10 bucks for it..

j/k thats really cool for you, i wish i could meet magic johnson someday

is he your idol because he was a great basketball player......

or because he screwed any woman that walked by him?

My guess because he screwed any woman that walked by him, based on the slaping monkey! lol.

Bryson

is he your idol because he was a great basketball player......

or because he screwed any woman that walked by him?

i didnt use the term idol, i said i would love to meet him...i respect how he played the game & how he handled the business..in the mid 80's when the lakers were at the salary cap and needed another player to stay on top magic took a pay cut so they could win. what player today would do that? none.

did you know in high school when he was a local star, he would play friday night but early sat morning he had to get up and help his dad on his garbage collection route?

now he helps business's in the black community, no i am white if your wondering....just respect someone that stays grounded.

& no he lost major points in my book disrespecting his wife like he did.

Wow you really know your Magic Johnson, have you been studying? Haha anyways, he was one of the best basketball players ever.

What many women have heard coming from 7' up:

Hey, babe. "Ya wanna' see my magic johnson?"

I can't say it's magic but I now work for the big Johnson......controls that is...LOL....I even have a van that has a big Johnson sign on it....I drive a big Johnson van around oh yeah baby...come take a ride in my johnson-mobile.....