Weird couple of days...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowngreen

Robmob is a Californian.
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
Out lead mechanic at work took last Mon-Wed off and was to return Thursday but didnt, nor Friday, no call no show. Didn't show up yesterday (Mon) either.
I went to his house because his phone is off and his work pickup was there but not his personal.

I waited until today and no show again. Went back to his hoise and found a foreclosure notice with this Friday being the deadline. So I got the spare keys so I could take his work truck back to our shop amd found he had locked the pickup keys, work keys and fuel card in the console. So clearly he didn't plan on returning to work.

Got the police involved as well as his sister and now there is a missing person report on him. From what we can tell he left all of his belongings behind, sxs, atv, tons of tools.
They pinged his phone but its been off since the 19th. Somehow they captured a picture of his truck on a freeway somewhere, a 4 lane going one way freeway, which would be a long way from home.
I've been working with the sherrif giving any info but we are at a loss. Hes been with us for 10 years, so just weird and random for him to take off.

Out lead mechanic at work took last Mon-Wed off and was to return Thursday but didnt, nor Friday, no call no show. Didn't show up yesterday (Mon) either.
I went to his house because his phone is off and his work pickup was there but not his personal.

I waited until today and no show again. Went back to his hoise and found a foreclosure notice with this Friday being the deadline. So I got the spare keys so I could take his work truck back to our shop amd found he had locked the pickup keys, work keys and fuel card in the console. So clearly he didn't plan on returning to work.

Got the police involved as well as his sister and now there is a missing person report on him. From what we can tell he left all of his belongings behind, sxs, atv, tons of tools.
They pinged his phone but its been off since the 19th. Somehow they captured a picture of his truck on a freeway somewhere, a 4 lane going one way freeway, which would be a long way from home.
I've been working with the sherrif giving any info but we are at a loss. Hes been with us for 10 years, so just weird and random for him to take off.
Must have someone after him in a bad way. Only reason I could imagine someone taking off like that.

Yea

My last couple days. Or should I say 24 hours

Friends got covid so we can't meet them up for lunch while down here

Key bridge is gone

While on Vaca. Sad.

But hey it's Vaca so atleast I sleep a lot more better than I do at home for the next 4 nights.

Weather isn't that good. Only hot tub for me. beach and pool is too cold.

I agree, its scary. I also realized the 3 paid days he took finished out our pay period. He also hadnt filled out his updated w4 which he got from us a few weeks ago, hes the only employee who didn't.

Does he have family? Facebook?
GIF by South Park

Yea

My last couple days. Or should I say 24 hours

Friends got covid so we can't meet them up for lunch while down here

Key bridge is gone

While on Vaca. Sad.

But hey it's Vaca so atleast I sleep a lot more better than I do at home for the next 4 nights.

Weather isn't that good. Only hot tub for me. beach and pool is too cold.
My plans for tomorrow is eating at Paula Deans for lunch/dinner and heading to beach rc for race night. Thursday/Friday is relax days. Ideally. Idk yet.

Does he have family? Facebook?

He has a sister and cousin that he listed as emergency contacts but they hadnt heard from him in a long time apparently. No social media either. I'll update if anything happens.

Shocking story actually. Honestly I was expecting you to say you found him in the garage
in a way nobody wants to find somebody if you follow me.
I agree, sounds like he is running from something.

Another coworker and fairly close neighbor of his said his house was being foreclosed on 4 months ago, but then he bought a new pickup about 2 months ago 🤔

I did hear the police broke in his house yesterday afternoon but no idea what that provided.
Not to be insincere but we dont have time to be without him at work so gotta try to hire a new mechanic asap.

So a state cop found him about 7hrs from home unharmed. Guess he wouldn't answer his questions but his cousin called us and said he has no intention on returning to the area.

Yeah, good deal. Kinda strange he didn't at least give you a notice though.

And he left so many things behind. Sxs, atv, powerstroke, tons of tools, even left his coats and coveralls in his work pickup.

People are strange. Kinda bugs me not understanding why he would leave his tools and stuff, and I don't even know the guy 🤪

I mean, if he needed money, he could have offered everything up for sale, make offer. Maybe he hit the lottery.

Or robbed a bank 🤔

Back