Hyper 21 8 Port

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well I'm ordering my .21 8 port today, I have been reading that the instructions that come witht he engine are way off, can you guys please give me a good way to brek in my engine, also any tips you have about breakin, the pullstart, just anything I need to know and is useful please tell thanx

by the way its going in a Savage

I followed the directions for break in to the letter. There is nothing wrong with them.

As for advice...get a good sturdy leather glove. You'll need it for the break in. The engine is tight, real tight before break in. The glove will help minimize the blisters you will get trying to yank the pull start.

Have patience. The break in settings are fuel slobbering rich. It will spit fuel like a king cobra for a couple of tanks, and then it is time to tune....that is when the real fun begins.

I recommend having some glo-plugs and perhaps a spare pull start on hand. You will eat a glo-plug, possibly two, and I have seen and heard of people breaking their pull start during the break in...and afterwards. I field repair my own pull starts, but always have one on hand just in case (at least now I have the spare...)

Other than that...enjoy. I run mine in a Savage, and it kicks ass.