Hyper 21 8 Port

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That works... never would have thought about that so how did you do it????

Oh that's what I thought but I wasn't sure (the way you worded it confused me)

I like that way of doing it better than the pull start. But lugging around a drill? Thats cool cuz I lug around my heavy ass bump starter. Good Luck!

Sounds like a good idea, though I'm not to keen on drilling holes through my shock towers. :\

-WoodiE

Originally posted by WoodiE
Sounds like a good idea, though I'm not to keen on drilling holes through my shock towers. :\

-WoodiE
That is the same reason I'm not doing it. There are a few things your could modify on a vehicle but it dont think the Shock Tower is one of them. A lot of bad things could happen if you put a big hole it that. IMHO.

Wow, that's another thing for me to break!!! Where can I get one now that this auction has ended?

its true they do replace the pull start..i attached the email for you all to read

Attachments

• re hyper 21 8 port.txt
    436 bytes · Views: 121
Thats great! I hope it is a better one than the one it came with. That would just mean that its going to break again. Good Luck! Again.

holy crap this engine rocks...i got about 6 tanks done today and this damn thing would wheelie on the asphault so far i got 9 tanks through it and i haven't really messed with the needles..i just kept the temp under 250..ill go as much as 290..so i have plenty of leaning to do...and i definatly dont need a bigger clutch bell ,the stock savage bell looks like its gonna do just fine...i recommend this engine to any one..its worth the horrible break in...WATCH OUT T-MAXX'S my savage is coming through.....whoo hoo..damn i love this engine

Funny how deadbody goes from this:

Originally posted by deadbody
man this engine suxx

to:

Originally posted by deadbody
holy crap this engine rocks

LoL, none the less I just ordered my 8 port engine today!I assume it will be here tuesday or wednesday! :D

Everything is pretty well stock, is there anything I need to upgrade right away?

-WoodiE

definately get the heavy duty clutch shoes..

That 8 port kicks ass! But you're definitely going to need the heavy duty clutch shoes. I have a friend who installed his 8 port and wore out the clutch after 3 or 4 tanks.

Well I just added:

Hot Bodies Billet Aluminum Heat Sink Engine Mount
Hot Bodies Billet Aluminum Heat Sink Engine Plate
and Hot Bodies Heavy Duty Composite Clutch Shoes

to my Hyper .21 8port engine order! :D

-WoodiE

Woodie - you bringing your truck ??? hehehehe

You dont really think I would leave the truck home all by itself did you?

-WoodiE

What temp range is this engine supposed to run at?

well i said f'it today..i was tired of looking at my savage just sitting there begging to be beaten..so i went to my lhs and got me a new hyper 21..and i have to say that this engine started in less than 10 min's...it wasn't hard to pull the handle and it fired right up..i had to tune it alot and still have more to do but i managed to get 3 tanks through it before i decided to call it a day..needless to say once i get the new piston for my other 1 it will be for sale...any takers?

Originally posted by WoodiE
Funny how deadbody goes from this:

to:

LoL, none the less I just ordered my 8 port engine today!I assume it will be here tuesday or wednesday! :D

Everything is pretty well stock, is there anything I need to upgrade right away?

-WoodiE

woodie from the talk I've heard about the 8 port everyone does the same :naughty: i hear its a real bear to break in but look out after you got it broken in. :classic: