HPI Hellfire SS

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JATO

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
does anyone have this truck? heard there were problems with the rtr did they fix them and is this a cheep enought kit or is there better bang for your buck out

The Hellfire SS is not out yet and won't be for a while. Tower has it listed as $780 and not in till september.

I have a Hellfire and I think HPI did an awesome job. I purchased the RTR kit because at the time they did not have a kit version. Out of the box it is pretty quick and it handles well. The only complaint I have is that they could have done a better job with the loctite and the coating on the shock shafts. Oh yeah it could have come with a metal gear steering servo.

So far the only things I have broken is an A-arm. Kind clipped a tree and lost.:boxing:

I have upgraded with a metal gear JR steering servo, HPI shock towers and the coated hinge pins. I have not had a chance to experiment with the center diff and different weights but I will post when I do.

I was thinking of getting one as well. I only wanted the roller. I think from what I have seen and driven less than a handfull it would be a great basher. That is what I am...

i have a hot bodies lightning staduim (hpi own hotbodies) i have had it 4 a wile now but nothing has happend 2 it and the lightning staduim is simular but the hellfire has a bigger engine.

the lightning stadium is nothing like the Hellfire. I have a friend with a Hellfire and if he had it to do all over he would have not bought the Hellfire.

I think the truggy that seems close to the Hellfire is the Robotronics truggy.. the Mantis. No idea if there is any corollation(sp) to either.

i have a hellfire, it is very similur to the hot bodies llighting stadium i some times race dan you may know him as dan14, when we comapre the two truggies we found out that the hellfire only has a 4.6 engine and better servos, if you didnt have enough money for a hellfire i would advice you to buy a hot bodies lightning stadium becuase it is worth £280 and the hellfire is £499.

dom

The Stadium is a much tougher truck then the Hellfire and there are alot of differences between the two. Alot of the small parts between them will interchange like the gears and such but none of the major componets will interchange.

You can dress a turd in a tuxedo but underneath it's still a smelly turd