No steering hpi

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakub P

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I have an old hpi mt2 g3.0 and the thing steering for a second or two and then gives out. I just put a new servo in it and it does the same thing could this be a receiver problem?

image.jpg

First, welcome! Hopefully we can help!

Sounds like the servo horn is worn out or the horn you have has the wrong tooth count.

What servo/horn combo are you running?

First, welcome! Hopefully we can help!

Sounds like the servo horn is worn out or the horn you have has the wrong tooth count.

What servo/horn combo are you running?
Hey i don’t understand what any of this means. I'm new to this I got this from a relative and I'm just trying to fix it up. Can you explain it in a different way and I can tell u.

The steering servo is usually a black box on front end with 3 wires coming out. It has a shaft/knob which a horn can be screwed on.

If the horn isnt tight teeth/gears can wear causing no steering. Steering servos are usually an easy fix and a good thing for You to start learning with. They are usually mounted in place with 4 screws. Any good hobby shop can give You an idea of how and what is needed to repair Your RC.

the servo saver is missing a screw, the thing that says servo on it is servo, id pull saver off then see if servo move and replace missing screw in hole in servo saver thats the black thing on servo with steering rod attached es then you will know if rx is bad thats a old 27 mhz radio might have issue and a ton of other interference ..The issue is the missing screw in the servo saver I can see the hole that the screw goes in. replace missing screw sorry can tell you screw size the manual should tell you size..

Last edited:
the servo saver is missing a screw, the thing that says servo on it is servo, id pull saver off then see if servo move and replace missing screw in hole in servo saver thats the black thing on servo with steering rod attached es then you will know if rx is bad thats a old 27 mhz radio might have issue and a ton of other interference ..The issue is the missing screw in the servo saver I can see the hole that the screw goes in. replace missing screw sorry can tell you screw size the manual should tell you size..
So I have the screw I just took it off. The servo is brand new I just put it in. The teeth on the servo and the arm thing are fine. When I take the arm off the servo works for a little and stop slowly. It’s a brand new servo and idk why it does this
Is there a way I can post videos on here?
Just found this gash on my antenna maybe this is the problem?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
So I have the screw I just took it off. The servo is brand new I just put it in. The teeth on the servo and the arm thing are fine. When I take the arm off the servo works for a little and stop slowly. It’s a brand new servo and idk why it does this

Is there a way I can post videos on here?
Just found this gash on my antenna maybe this is the problem?
Just found the issue……. I had put new batteries in but I guess they were bad…. So I put new ones in again and it works perfectly fine. Appreciate your guys help!

Glad you figured it out. Have fun with it.