Erevo 2.0 steering issue

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck getting it sorted... the random steering does sound like a twitchy (bad) servo.

I briefly tried a single servo setup in my E-Maxx, but the dual servo works better, in my opinion, on those trucks designed for them.

I have dual metal-gear, high speed, servos in both the E-maxx and the Summit.

Hello forum, need some advice troubleshooting steering on my erevo 2.0. Recently upgraded to a high torque single servo and just installed rpm front a arms. Have camber/ toe adjusted as close as I can but have 2 problems. First, the truck pulls hard left every time hard braking on pavement. Second, have steering trim centered perfectly but the truck will randomly pull left and right driving at normal speed. Just seems all over the place steering. Kind of makes me think something is binding in the linkage, but don't see anything obvious. My front push rods are bent and have new ones on the way, could this be the issue? Only other thing I haven't checked is fluid level in
A couple things here to try, a new servo, maybe the new one has something wrong with it. I have had that happen before even with name brand products. Also, Does it have a gyro, steering assist? Can’t remember what traxxas calls it, but may be acting up because of the switch too one servo. May need to turn it off. I don’t have a 2.0, just a mini. And it can use one or two, I use one servo, just how I received it.

A couple things here to try, a new servo, maybe the new one has something wrong with it. I have had that happen before even with name brand products. Also, Does it have a gyro, steering assist? Can’t remember what traxxas calls it, but may be acting up because of the switch too one servo. May need to turn it off. I don’t have a 2.0, just a mini. And it can use one or two, I use one servo, just how I received it.
Pics of the front end may help us also, if you don’t figure it out.

What is the specs of your new servo? Stock setup is a combined total of 250oz of torque with duals. If it worked before the RPM arms install odds are it's probably something with the install and not the servo.

First turn of TSM when testing and making adjustments. Unhook your servo arm linkage and move your wheels back and forth to check for binding. If the pivot balls are too tight your steering doesn't turn well. If they are too loose the excess slop can cause your steering to wonder. Because you mentioned bent rods I would recheck your alignment, if you have toe-out that can cause the twitching or bad tracking. For bashing I set all mine with toe-in because I don't need the quick sharp turning that's helpful when racing on a track. Rear should never have toe-out.

You can straighten your bent rods back to as close to straight as you can get and adjust the ends to bring back into specs.

Much thanks to tuned frog. Went back to dual servo setup today after my new servo arrived. Steering tracking straight as an arrow consistently. 2-400oz servos installed now and steering is lightning fast and turns the large off road tires effortlessly standing still on pavement. Odd how the single servo conversion caused the steering to be very finicky, but all good now. Have heard bad things about traxxas servos, but the 2255 traxxas servos I now have installed have a brushless motor and metal gears, so hoping they last a while

Also installed new push rods and adjusted camber/ toe on all 4 wheels perfectly. Loving rpm

Camber gauge. Very quick and easy to use