How about it Bourbon drinkers.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucifur10

RCTalk Talkaholic
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Boating
I'm turning into a Bourbon fan and I've tried quite a few. My latest selection. I've had the Eagle Rare before and it is one of the favorites. I'd love to see what other people are trying.

20231222_070614.jpg

I don't drink anymore because even sober I am scared of falling down. But when I did drink occasionally it was Wild Turkey. Rare Breed, Russell's Reserve, American Honey, and Rye were my favs. I see they have some really interesting new recipes out now though that I would love to try.

Maker's Mark was another of my favs, but by the time I discovered it I was already having mobility issues. I still have a bottle that I bought about 10 years ago.

I actually toured some of the distilleries along the Bourbon Trail years ago. Wild Turkey was really cool. I learned when I asked if I could buy an old barrel that their used whiskey barrels are so sought after in Ireland for a maker of Irish whiskey that they ship them all there when done with them. I also learned they really like to get you drunk in the gift shop after the tour 😁

If you ever get a chance to take some distillery tours, I recommend Wild Turkey and Jack Daniels. Really informative and entertaining.

I didn't know there was an ocean bordering Kentucky 🤣

I see they make it in Ky though 😉
The Jefferson’s offerings are all good in my humble opinion. The Ocean’s bottles are special and only get taken home on occasion.

Knob Creek 9 year is one that I keep around more frequently. I just keep coming back to it. Responsibly, of course.

I don't drink anymore because even sober I am scared of falling down. But when I did drink occasionally it was Wild Turkey. Rare Breed, Russell's Reserve, American Honey, and Rye were my favs. I see they have some really interesting new recipes out now though that I would love to try.

Maker's Mark was another of my favs, but by the time I discovered it I was already having mobility issues. I still have a bottle that I bought about 10 years ago.

I actually toured some of the distilleries along the Bourbon Trail years ago. Wild Turkey was really cool. I learned when I asked if I could buy an old barrel that their used whiskey barrels are so sought after in Ireland for a maker of Irish whiskey that they ship them all there when done with them. I also learned they really like to get you drunk in the gift shop after the tour 😁

If you ever get a chance to take some distillery tours, I recommend Wild Turkey and Jack Daniels. Really informative and entertaining.
That Bourbon Trail is a trip we would love to do. Drag that camper and a few RC's with us.
Our go/to is Old Forester. Consistent, readily available in the area.

20231222_110746.jpg

Not a bourbon guy at all. Canadian whiskey is my jam. Specifically Crown XO. :)

20230306_175857.jpg
20230419_160946.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
You and Xraycer aren't allowed in here 🤣

Bourbon is only made in Kentucky. Anything made outside of Ky cannot be called bourbon. Notice the trail...
View attachment 177466
I also like Canadien beer....but, I like American guns! 😉

Interesting bourbon info.
0430221454e.jpg

Interesting bourbon info.
Yeah, it was funny when we went to Jack Daniel's distillery. It is actually in a dry county, and we couldn't even sample the whiskey. But I found it funny that the big bib-overall wearing bearded hillbilly that was giving us the tour seemed to stress "Tennessee Whiskey" every single time he said whiskey, as if to imply Tennessee made a better drink than any bourbon.

I actually never cared for Jack Daniels at all, but the tour was one of the best, albeit non-alcoholic. The tour guide was hilarious, and just a good old boy, that made the tour the bomb. I learned the most about how whiskey/bourbon is made at JD.

I may have had a few rough weeks here and there. I always got jim near. Currently I got crown vanilla and my first bottle of jack. Beam honey is my go to. Regular beam next. Then crown.

Below is a portion of my rc funds......

IMG_20231222_123044.jpg

You and Xraycer aren't allowed in here 🤣

Bourbon is only made in Kentucky. Anything made outside of Ky cannot be called bourbon. Notice the trail...
View attachment 177466
Thats fine. X and I will be over on the Crown forums 🤣 🤣 🤣
I may have had a few rough weeks here and there. I always got jim near. Currently I got crown vanilla and my first bottle of jack. Beam honey is my go to. Regular beam next. Then crown.

Below is a portion of my rc funds......

View attachment 177471
I love the lone Listerine bottle in the tote hahahaha

Went to a very high end bar after I sold my 1st house of 12 and purchased a 2 finger rock glass of this back in 97. smooth.. I did purchase a 25 year old bottle when my son was born.. not for you lack of funds peeps.

Pappy Van Winkle 23 Year Old 2019 - The Rare Whiskey Shop