Hot Bodies customer service

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe their one tech got lost on his way back from the expo. :hehe: Or maybe they are another one to add to the list.

Twiztid, that's killer hpi hooked you up. You gotta love good customer service.

I think the stats are, a happy customer will tell 10 people, but an unhappy customer will tell 30 people. Thing is, they don't take into consideration these boards, where you can tell 1000 people in a flash of a good or bad experience.

I agree. I have sure been more than forth going with telling sombody when a company did me wrong. You gotta love the Interweb and the almost instantanious information transfer. We do live in a good time!

HOLY poop!!!! LOOK AT HUMBOLDT'S BANNER!!! LMFAO. Man you must be smokin that humboldt. Thats some funny poop. Anyways I finally got through today and she told me again that he is evaluating products. I think he needs to get his @$$ inside and start evaluating some customers!!!!:marshall: The lady on the phone didnt really seem like she cared either. She started to get an attitude with me when I told her I posted my opinion about HB customer service in a forum. I guess they dont know what www. means. Anyways for the 2nd time she "personal said she would give the tech my name and phone#" We'll see what happens :ban: Thanks everybody for all the support:radio:

Originally posted by NCNitro
Maybe their one tech got lost on his way back from the expo. :hehe: Or maybe they are another one to add to the list.

I'm thinking this is one company to think twice about when buying their products. I for one think that's to bad. I've purchased their products before and never had to much problem, other then the clutch shoes, but for a company not to get back with someone in more then 3 weeks, and even worse have someone say they will make sure personnaly that they will call you back then doesn't reflects very negatively on Hot Bodies. :depress:

Originally posted by NCNitro
I think the stats are, a happy customer will tell 10 people, but an unhappy customer will tell 30 people. Thing is, they don't take into consideration these boards, where you can tell 1000 people in a flash of a good or bad experience.

A happy customer tells 10 people? I along with just about everyother company would love to have you as a customer. Most people only tell about 1-2 and if your lucky 3 other people about a company they have delt with and had a positive experience.

Take for example a restaurant. Lets say you get there and are seated almost immediately, the waiter or waitress serves you in the best way possible, refills your drinks when your drink is only half full, the food is hot and exactly as you asked for it to be prepared, at the end of the meal the waiter or waitress even brings you a mint. After all that I'd be surprised if you told ONE person let alone three people. Granted you may go back again, but the odds of telling a bunch of people are slim to none.

Using the same example, but instead you have to wait 45mins to be seated. The waiter/waitress takes another 20-30mins just to stop and get your drinks, when the food finally comes out its luke warm at best and only half of the order is correct. Then when you go to pay you find the waiter/waitress over charged you by mistake. I would be willing to bet you'd tell alot of people about your experience then. I would even go as far as this could put a damper on the rest of the night, spending all night no matter where you are talking about how bad the service was. This is the same for just about every type of business, big or small.

You bring up a good point though, with the use of the internet companies can be made or broken in no time at all. The shame of the matter is, I've also heard small complaints about HB before, so it's not like this is just a one time kinda thing.

-Michael

Well maybe HB should read this post!!!!!

If they dont then its their loss. Its DEFINATELY something they need to address!

I think I'm gonna try to fix the pipe myself so I can burn some nitro tomorrow. Its been like 3 weeks without the SAVAGE:angry: I guess I'll chalk this up as a loss and a lesson learned. HB isnt getting my business anymore. I am going to call them tomorrow for the last time and invite them to the forum to give them a chance to explain what in the hell is going on over there. Remember that this is all over a $25 pipe. Imagine if it was over the Dirt Demon or Lightning Pro???

hot bodies website

location and phone # at bottom of hot bodies page..

they just put that up. As you can tell they are under construction over on their website

and I think his point was there isnt a tech available when he calls and there is no 1800 number which pretty much every other tech support has.

Re: hot bodies website

Originally posted by indyjohnny
location and phone # at bottom of hot bodies page..
Thats not the problem. The problem is I couldnt get a tech on the phone or get him to call me back. BTW, still no phone call!!! Its been 8 days so far.

OMG! I can't take it! My gut actually hurts!!!! WHAT A SIG!!!!!

Thanks... I figured this would show my support for Hot Bodies. :trout:

what does it say?

NO BODIES ONLINE . BET ?

YEAP, instead of HOTBODIESONLINE.NET, I changed it to say NOBODIESONLINE.BET cause they dont return phone calls or seem interested in treir customers. Get it??? hahaha

I love that sig BTW its funny as hell!

Unfortunatly NO!!! I dont now what their deal is. Have they called you back yet???

No - I never really made an issue about it either - but thats ok since I found a way around my issue. Thats why I wrote the 'how-to'. I dont think I would have gotten what I was looking for anyhow. Amazingly, New Era makes a mounting kit since HB doesn't or wont.

Oh well.....

I had to find away around dealing with them also as they are not so customer service friendly.

HOT BODIES = NO BODIES You will never see anything HB on any of my nitros. Thank God I didnt buy that Dirt Demon!!! I was a couple clicks away and decided to hold off:jet:

Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ
No - I never really made an issue about it either - but thats ok since I found a way around my issue. Thats why I wrote the 'how-to'. I dont think I would have gotten what I was looking for anyhow. Amazingly, New Era makes a mounting kit since HB doesn't or wont.

Oh well.....
At least you know what I'm talking about.

I wonder why he never came to explain why all this went down the way it did. doesn't he care how 1000 users see his company when we all had issues. Tell you what if that was my company I would have called you the first day, got on the webboard made up some excuse and give something like stickers away for free, but thats just me. See I had a problem with HCR and some holes drilled wrong on a shock tower (too small) I wrote an email and called and when I got no response for a day I sent this email:

I was wondering if you could please reply to my email? Also knowing my situation and how I ordered my shock tower (1-day air) and couldn't even race in a club race that I already paid for then had to wait a week. Why did you send it back to me regular mail? I still don't have it. Couldn't you have at least sent it priority 2 day since its only like $4? Seems like that would be the right thing to do. All this makes me really feel like you could care less about my satisfaction as a customer. I think I have been real nice about everything. I just want to let you know exactly what I ended up paying for a rear shock tower.

Race entry fee $20
1 day shipping from Tower Hobbies so I could make the race $27
Price to ship it back and insure it $5
Shock tower $42

So I am at $94 dollars for a rear shock tower that I still don't have back yet.

Well Damon (from HCR) called me back that same day! He said he was sorry for all the trouble they were swamped and were going to answer me because it was important to them. Needless to say he made it VERY right with me. I oredered the new Ti pro chassis for my Maxx and got the head for free because I was out the entry fee and shipping on the shock tower. Him calling me personally shows me SO much about the company. He could have just sent me an email but no he wanted to talk to me and let me know they were sorry. Needless to say I have bought a lot more HCR stuff since then and have never had a problem again. Their stuff is top notch but the actually take care of you when there is a problem and thats the whole point of this post. I think HB could take a serious lesson from HCR because HCR also has a very limited number of cust support people (2 from what I know) and they did take care of it so what up HB?

Last edited: