Hope Racer1966 is ok.....UPDATE Randy and Family are safe and ok!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I was in South Florida for Andrew, and many many more over the years. I was also in Central Fl when we were hit by three hurricanes in 6 weeks, one cat 4 two cat 3. With the eye passing directly over me for one, and within 20 miles for the other two.

Please let us know asap if you hear from him Ralph. I have been in several very bad hurricanes, and besides Andrew (in 92 if I remember correctly), none have had the severity of the damage I have seen from the tornado in Joplin. They say it is the worst tornado to touch down in US history. Lets just keep Randy, his family, and everyone down there in our thoughts and prayers, and hopefully we will hear from him soon. Material possessions are replaceable, just so long as he and his family are all safe and sound someplace. :\
Absolutely. I just hope he can find a way to get on line.

wow...after seeing the pictures thats all i can say. there are just no words in my head after seeing them. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone there. keeping Randy and his family in my thoughts...

It just got dark as hell here... warning siren going off. Wife just decree me a tornado was spotted on route 91. Got the kids on the couch ready to head for th bathroom if hear anything that sounds like a train.

---------- Post added at 7:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:55 PM ----------

Jeez.. starting to hail a bit

Just checking in after a long day at work. I've always enjoyed Racer's posts about his Savage jumping for church, etc. While I don't know him personally I certainly hope he and his family are safe.

NCNitro, where in C. FL were you then? I remember those three storms one after the other, it was insane (and my parents barely made it through Andrew!)...

Saying a prayer...

Mark

Well that's about as prepared as I've ever had to be for the really bad stuff. I've never experienced the warning sirens before. This area of the country is generally pretty safe from nasty weather, we just get a ton of snow from the lake.

I'm gonna keep checking the red cross site and hopefully my searches turn up something. I've been browsing FB a lot too looking for information. There are a lot of names posted of people who are ok.

I was in Sebring when the three crossed the center of the state, starting with Charlie. A cat 4 that was supposed to skirt the west coast but at the last second hung a sharp right right, devastating Punta Gorda and then came directly over Highlands county. Before Charlie there had not been a hurricane in that area in over 60 years, then three more followed. It was a rough season for sure that year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Charley

I was in Sebring when the three crossed the center of the state, starting with Charlie. A cat 4 that was supposed to skirt the west coast but at the last second hung a sharp right right, devastating Punta Gorda and then came directly over Highlands county. Before Charlie there had not been a hurricane in that area in over 60 years, then three more followed. It was a rough season for sure that year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Charley

I lived in avon park! LoL

I was working in Avon Park when Charlie hit, at lemon Tree apartments. I had to repair or re-shingle all the roofs only to have them tore up again in two weeks. Plus an Oak tree looks three times larger when it's on the ground than when it's upright. I was whipped after cutting them all up and loading them on to trucks, and redoing the roofs, in August, in 100 degree weather. I don't miss that Florida heat at all.

Found this list of official missing people in joplin. I am not sure of racers last name, but i didnt see any randys on the list.

http://media2.nbcactionnews.com/pdf/listMISSING.pdf

Hopefully that is a good sign.

Edit: 1 randy from Webb city born in 1961. i dont think that is him.]

Edit: Randy England is listed but he are 35 yrs old I dont think that is him either.

Last edited:
Randy Baldwin. Wife's name is Caran.

I'm really glad to see how short that list is getting, down from 1500.
Thanks for posting that, Blake. It's brings some real relief.

Last edited:
Anyone know his last name? woodie or rolex should be able to check the paypal he is a greeny.

The church he did the shows for is "villa heights christian church", but i can't find much on them here. Work has the web site blocked.

http://www.villaheights.net/

That is what i thought, but no one ever confirmed. Thanks Joe.

Post 72

---------- Post added at 5:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:58 PM ----------

GOOD News

I got the number for the church and it was confirmed that Randy and his family are okay.

The church wasn't hit, and his house was outside the path.
They were at the church last night, so we can all breath a sigh of relief.

Thank God.

woo hooo!! thanks for the update ralph!

I would have called but the stupid site was blocked here.

That is great news!

Back