Has anyone used a older associated B64 or B74 and convert it into a mini truggy?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Instead of picking up a tekno et, or a xray xt4. I was thinking about picking up a older B64 or B74 and truggy convert it. I know someone out there has done it.
Well, will it actually happen for me? Not at this current place.

I like the designs of the B74s from associated. And XB4s from xray. But if I have to, or want to, I can go with tekno or something else.

I've seen many conversions and they will nickle and dime you to death... I used to race an ET410 and it wasn't as durable are you might think, XRay arms would break like candy.

You won't find a better deal and super competitive design than going with PR Racing, I found it to be far more durable than any other brand and it was super competitive too!

I no longer run 1/10 but if I was going to race Mini Truggy again, this is what I would buy for myself in a heartbeat!
https://shop.prracingusa.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=976

Aluminum upgrades are available if need to beef it up!
1708631335709.png

+1 on what Bill says about the PR.

Built one in 2WD for on-road. PR 1/10 is built more like a 1/8 as far as durability. Fact, by the end of the build was convinced PR built it as a mule for a 1/8 2WD Ebug. Steering connections at the outer end seemed the only iffy part of the package. My thought was to fabricate a pair of AL pieces for the turnbuckles to attach. Didn't like the 'waterfall' either. Took up too much room and made motor adjustments more of a challenge. Didn't use it in the build. Other than that, a good package built with the intent of 2S/3S on-road speed runs.

Sold it though. Mid motor 1/10 bugs are just too tight to my liking for working on. All the elecs are so crowded together. Fat old shaky hands and all that. Younger hands probably no sweat.

20210824_130903_PR Racing ST on road.jpg

Back