Greatest Invention For Electrics Ever?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So music is cool but the sound effects are lame? I've seen youtube videos of RC's equipped with sound systems, I'd call it a draw.:cool:

I dig the video, that's insane. I don't think I want my cars doing 100+ I lost one head on into a fire hydrant at 75+ and there was nothing left of it. Since then I've lost my need for speed. :(

Last edited:
So music is cool but the sound effects are lame? I've seen youtube videos of RC's equipped with sound systems, I'd call it a draw.:cool:

while theyre both a novelty i personally find the v8 sound cheesy, the whole "sound system" thing would only be something I would even consider doing on a shelf queen as a goof and I dont have any shelf queens so its highly unlikely that I'll do that one either. :)

I dig the video, that's insane. I don't think I want my cars doing 100+ I lost one head on into a fire hydrant at 75+ and there was nothing left of it. Since then I've lost my need for speed. :(

I wasn't saying the sound of the V-8 wasn't cool at all. I like both of them. I think the sound effects wouldn't be as cool as having a complete mini system though. How would you calcutale box size for the mini subs?

I had some in a JK scaler I built, they worked pretty good. ^^^

Not loud at all for sure. I used them in my jk as a scale item, couple 15's in the back.

proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi183.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fx193%2Fslowngreen%2F002-17.png

Has anyone else looked at this on the Traxxas site? I was looking at the gallery for this version of the Slash and I noticed new battery connectors, they look bulkier than the current Traxxas connectors.

58034-2-mounted-electronics.jpg

NiMH-Connector-Full-Assembly-callouts.jpg

yeah they look really bulky...apparently Traxxas didnt think their old connectors were bulky enough lol.

I seen them in an e-mail from rc planet, the ones that were in my e-mail link also have a balance board built in, and they have a smart charger to go along with them, so beginners can't mix up the lipo settings.

I'm kinda stoked that the connector is bigger, I have rather large hands, and I can't stand wiring with smaller connections.

I still might buy that onboard audio for my IFRS kit.....if I can find a spot for it....lol. Providing it doesn't create problems for any other system I'm using.

I'll just stick with my Power Pole connectors.

Why is everybody looking at me, like that?

I'll just stick with my Power Pole connectors.

Why is everybody looking at me, like that?
whatever connector floats your boat!

I have big hands too but for some reason I'm just stuck on deans. Although I like the fake Deans that HobbyKing sells that have the ridges on the side. Smooth deans are to much of a pain to get a good grip on sometimes.

That's strange i thought them connectors was for the new charger they have and for 2 and 3s lipo not nimh. the balance plugs are integrated in the connector.

^^ you are correct! They probably have that area for the balance plug still molded in even if they don't use it onNiMH cells.

So they can sell more of their own chargers/batteries.

Back