Greatest Invention For Electrics Ever?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitrotrout

Nitro Junkie
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing

LOL! Taking electrics to a whole new level. I need one of these. Not the truck,just the audio components. I've been complaining for years how much I hated the whiney noise of electric motors. Say goodbye to dubbing engine sounds to my videos . Too damn funny.

I can't take the credit for this video, its similar to what I used to do with my vids

Last edited:
Yeah I'm kinda partial to nitros myself..
I'd love to put one these kits in a rc speed boat, If only I had a speed boat.:confused:

Slow?? no torque? Cmon man you really dont believe that do you? how many nitro RC's have you owned? I'm probably upwars of 50+ and some of them are slow, but most are not, and if you watch closely they hang with brushless pretty well, in some cases they are faster.

CCCCCHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZEEEEEEEE.

Next they will be in Walmart.

All I can say is wow. I remember when I had my first beer.:wtf:

Nitro may not have the same instant on power torque that electric has but they arent slow by any means. and even if nitro dont sound like V8s the sound playing as you drive your electric RC is just cheesy.

Last edited:
nope sorry njitro dont sound nothing like a v8 enjine nitro is meesy slow no torks and not fast like my elctric
Nitros are slow???? Really??? I have a couple of nitros that I would be more than happy to put up against your electric.

It's kind of a neat idea, but I'd get bored with it quickly.

play.jpg

I don't see a reason to waste money on it. I make that same sound with my lips when I push my trucks around the room.
good 4 u trolex

Slow?? no torque? Cmon man you really dont believe that do you? how many nitro RC's have you owned? I'm probably upwars of 50+ and some of them are slow, but most are not, and if you watch closely they hang with brushless pretty well, in some cases they are faster.
i pwned nitro and electic so did u and u should no the difernce. tell me 1 nitro that can out crawl a axial wrath crawlin is all tork and low gearings. tell me 1 rtr nitro car than go faster a Xo-1 in drag racing. nada

All I can say is wow. I remember when I had my first beer.:wtf:
i'm not drinking or do drugs so step oof me bro. dont b a tool

Nitros are slow???? Really??? I have a couple of nitros that I would be more than happy to put up against your electric.
i have a Rustler VXL brushless going allmodst 160 kph unlest if ur nirto trucks r going near 160kph no bro sorry

Hey, I see what you did there...screwed up again, didn't you?
I swear I'm loosing my mind slowly...If I come in here one day and I dont know who any of you are you'll know what happened :p

good 4 u trolex
Its an old joke...Youd have to be here more than 1 week to know what hes referring to.

i pwned nitro and electic so did u and u should no the difernce. tell me 1 nitro that can out crawl a axial wrath crawlin is all tork and low gearings. tell me 1 rtr nitro car than go faster a Xo-1 in drag racing. nada
i have a Rustler VXL brushless going allmodst 160 kph unlest if ur nirto trucks r going near 160kph no bro sorry
We have a member with a Savage that goes upwards of 120KPH. Not to far off of your rustler and it weighs 3 times as much. The only reason it (and most other nitros) arent faster is because nitros dont have a huge selection of gearing options like electrics do and your Rustler has a double advantage in that in order to hit those 160KPH speeds you have to use gears from other kits in order to achieve a 1:1, or close to it, gear ratio and 1/8 scale electronics. If I could put a .42 nitro engine in that savage with a 1:1 gear ratio which would be close to the equivalent of what you are doing with your Rustler then I'm sure the nitro could hang. If you could get the proper gearing they could rival electric top speed. Will nitros ever be as fast or have as much torque as an electric. No, but they arent THAT far off of it.
As for drag racing nitros can easily pull 1.6's and electrics are pulling what about 1.2 or so, maybe a 1.15. Again not far off and gearing probably plays a bit of a role in that. The only real place that electric truly out preforms nitro is the instant on demand torque which will play a big part in those run times because an electric will be faster off the line to some degree.
As for crawlers, the main reason you dont see nitro crawlers inst because of toque issues its because of heat issue. Since crawlers dont get a lot of airflow its hard to tune an engine for performance and keep it cooled properly.

All that being said I dont think anyone is denying the fact that electrics have better on demand torque and higher top speeds. i think the main point was they werent "slow" and they werent without "torque" and the gap between nitro and electric in terms of speed and power isnt nearly as great as some people make it sound.

If I'm reading this thread correctly it seems like you were the first one to come in Nitrotrout's thread talking smack about nitros so if you dont like being treated like a tool then dont act like a tool. Even if nitros were and I quote "meesy slow no torks and not fast like my elctric" its not like they dont have a place in the RC world and theres a lot of people who love nitro so dont bash something just because its not your preference. And you remark about nitros not sounding like V8s isnt even valid because electrics dont sound like V8s either.

Last edited:
WTH? I started this thread for chuckles and man, sh*ts getting weird in here.
Getting back to my OP, yeah, the noise maker is a cheesy novelty, that's why I think it's hilarious. I'd hook one up my cheapo styrofoam electric plane or a boat, maybe or my rc beer buggy just for laughs,
As for nitro vs. electric, (how the hell did we get here?) speed wise, I can keep up with my buddy's electrics any day of the week. He beats me on the holeshot but I catch him on the top end every time. Torque wise, sure he's got the upper hand. Unlike nitro engines, electric motors need very little rpm to create their torque.
I don't know what 160 kph works out to be but I have a couple of nitros capable of 80mph straight out of the box. Thats plenty fast for me and faster than some electrics I would assume.

[QUOTE="snowcheetah94, post: 1072077, member: 39372"
[/QUOTE]
Cheetah my friend, you're better off admitting you DO use liquor and drugs, and lots of them. Then at least you have a legit excuse for typing like a smack tard.
Cheers :cheers:

Everything always turns into a debate. Lets all move on. The nitro vs electric stuff is super lame. Run what you like and like what you run. I personally have never seen a nitro run with one of my electrics if it was setup nicely, not even close, not even a BB nitro. With over 50+ rc's in my life I can honestly say that. Does that mean I'm gonna argue about which is better? HELL NO.

I don't need my electric rc to sound like a V8, but it is interesting....cool, but I wouldn't mind if my rc had music playing from it, via Bluetooth from my iPad mini.

I don't need my electric rc to sound like a V8, but it is interesting....cool, but I wouldn't mind if my rc had music playing from it, via Bluetooth from my iPad mini.
Now that would be a cool option! i wanna put an RC "system" in one and have it bounce quarters off the trunk :D

nope sorry njitro dont sound nothing like a v8 enjine nitro is meesy slow no torks and not fast like my elctric

How many nitros have you owned, or even driven?

View attachment 14468
good 4 u trolex

Trolex? wow thats different...

Have you owned anything thats not traxxas?

and with your last post you might want to start drinking... at least then you have an excuse for your responses

(Sorry to the other members... for some reason I couldn't resist posting this.) :banana:

Now that would be a cool option! i wanna put an RC "system" in one and have it bounce quarters off the trunk :D
I can see it now... here comes GW with a losi 5T and the system vibrates the body more than the motor. :p

Last edited:
You'd probably hear the sound system long before you could hear the motor.

Back