Go .20 Traxxas replacement engine's

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay guys, this little go engine is starting to really put out nicely. I am on tank 8 so I have started to get into it a little harder man it really builds the rpm's nicely. It holds a really nice tune so far also. I have not really had to touch the carb at all after the initial setting for break in. I have started leaning the HSN slightly and man I got to get some vids of it. Going to get around 10 tanks before I start a good power tune but from the way it is performing I figure the top end is going to be quite a bit better than any 3.3 I have ran. It already out performs the Mach .19 engines I have had my hand on. And it is way better to tune than the Traxxas mills.

just gotta figure out how to run one in a maxx...

Hotrod the low end is pretty strong engine is still wearing in so I haven't went totally WFO yet LOL! It pulls pretty darn hard form mid to top though, it struggles to find traction shifting into second gear on hard top and I am running 40 series proline bowties on dish wheels. If the weather is good here by Saturday I will get a full on all out running vid of it. I am really impressed with the engine so far taking in consideration the price. So far tuning has been a breeze. I ran the 9th tank today and it was considerable temp variation from earlier runs, took me just a few adjustments and it was running great. Also hotrod the Trinity pipe I am running may be affecting some of the bottom end. I plan on switching over to a Traxxas R pipe to see how it would do with totally stock equipment. The way it has performed so far I would be way more inclined to shell out the bucks for the go as a replacement before I would another Traxxas 3.3.

I'm glad to hear that hulk,....I'd love to see a picture of the internals if you ever tear it apart,...I'm curious in comparing the sleeve porting with that of the trx mill

sounding good so far mate , I hope it stands up well to a full tune

For HotRodRob.....

Seems there are different versions of the .21 Engine!!
I have seen 5 and 7 port versions listed on ebay. Variants include black or silver head and composite carb, or red/orange heads with alloy carbs and changeable venturi....

Gratuitously nicked from ebay, photo's of the Go .21 P&L's Therse are 5 port sleeves...........

$_12.JPG

AND..........The P&L for the Go.21 GX-7R engine....
SN_1.jpeg

SN.jpeg

Last edited:
For HotRodRob.....

Seems there are different versions of the .21 Engine!!
I have seen 5 and 7 port versions listed on ebay. Variants include black or silver head and composite carb, or red/orange heads with alloy carbs and changeable venturi....

Gratuitously nicked from ebay, photo's of the Go .21 P&L's Therse are 5 port sleeves...........

View attachment 15481

AND..........The P&L for the Go.21 GX-7R engine....
View attachment 15482
View attachment 15483

Humm? I think those are the .21 Big block engines go offer. The Go I am currently running is the Traxxas drop in replacement engine.

Hulk is right those are the the big block p/s ..his is actually a small block .20....but from what you showed us it looks like a decent porting done

Hotrod After this weekend I will have some pics of it tore down if I find time. Maybe in a side by side comparison to a Traxxas 3.3 engine.I have a lot going on right now. Working on two maxx's right now for a couple buddies plus I have a busted up revo I am repairing for another bud. He hit a metal pole filled with concrete LOL!

Anybody hear him mentioned a tweaked chassis on that revo?
I sure did! lol

3 things that don't mix well...
#1 Metal poles
#2 concrete
#3 rc cars...
Unless of coarse it's a concrete skatepark,but parts don't last long there either

I know poles, walls and kerbs dont mix with revo's, I have paid the repair bills, have the tweaked chassis (which I kept) and a barrel full of metal and plastic scrap that were once Revo parts that were disposed of. Worst 2 weeks ever that was!

I know poles, walls and kerbs dont mix with revo's, I have paid the repair bills, have the tweaked chassis (which I kept) and a barrel full of metal and plastic scrap that were once Revo parts that were disposed of. Worst 2 weeks ever that was!

YEP!

Attachments

• 10403420_880141792027114_8338910786953984050_n.jpg
    10403420_880141792027114_8338910786953984050_n.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 164
  • 10805556_880147658693194_3076103017003552315_n.jpg
    10805556_880147658693194_3076103017003552315_n.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 186
ouch!

Where did the red chassis come from? only ever seen blue, silver or gunmetal......

LOL rolex! crash actually curled chassis up on one side. Thunder tiger that chassis I had powder coated when I built that rig a long time ago.

Okay guys. Got about an entire gallon put through the go. Put a decent tune down last Saturday. Man the top end on this thing is great, bottom end is still kind of lacking with the Trinity pipe, will try a Traxxas res pipe as soon as I can. I have a video trying to get it to post from my phone. I would say power comparison so far is on par with the .18 series engine from back in the day. One thing for sure is it tunes SUPER EASY and holds it unbelievably well!

Do you need a resonator hulk?...I have one with header

Back