Futaba FP-7fg/k power issue

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ghostbuster

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi there.

First of all, I'll apologise for being clueless on this subject as it's all new to me.

I recently received some Futaba gold FG/K transmitters which I'm trying to get up and running for use as an accurate control method on a replica prop building project that I'm working on, but I can't seem to get them to power up.
both have 35mhz FM modules installed.

I have tried two separate Nimh batteries.
A 9.6v 2500mah Vapex Nimh battery and a 9.6v AA 2000Mah Eneloop NT8H Nimh battery, which I received today.
Both were fully charged using a smart charger before being connected to the TX but there's nothing.
Zero read on the charge meter on the front of the transmitter.
I had also tried trickle charging the Vapex battery previously with the same outcome.

With my less than limited knowledge, all I can think of is the 3a quick blow fuse may need to be replaced in each of them, which I have on order but any advice from folks with some expertise here would be greatly appreciated.

only thing to do is get a schematic for that radio. pull battery out. separate 2 half's of radio then track do wiring from battery posts to power on switch. could be many different issues from broken wire to bad switch or contacts.

only thing to do is get a schematic for that radio. pull battery out. separate 2 half's of radio then track do wiring from battery posts to power on switch. could be many different issues from broken wire to bad switch or contacts.
I'll do that.
Thanks, Tntpoof

ok take alot of pics just incase..i looked could not find any schematics. But there are vintage guys that might have 1 .its hitting as many sites as you can.might be 1 might be 10.000 later gl.

Well, I've replaced the fuses and still nothing.
looks like I'll have to grab a multimeter and start testing everything as you suggested, tntpoof.

Thanks for your help, tntpoof, I managed to get them working after all.
Remember I mentioned my complete lack of knowledge?
Well it tuned out that there was no crystal in the module and evidently, they're needed to complete the circuit as the transmitter that I was tinkering with sparked to life as soon as one was added.

Back