Fish tank pics...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This morning it was popping out more and was clear what it was, so I went ahead and hydrogen peroxided it. I think it's dead.

20141231_150239.jpg

20141231_101615.jpg

20141231_152626.jpg

17115.jpeg
20161127_164852.jpg
20161127_165052.jpg
I had to get the angels and the ram out of the 20l, so I finally set up my 40b. I wanted to take my time and do a planted set up right, but funding, time, and ease of maintenence made me decide to just set it up using things I had already. All I bought for this tank was the sand. I don't know why I put that pea gravel in. It is too big.
17115.jpeg

Unfortunately, the Bolivian ram from the above tank passed away a few months ago, but the angels and tetras have been moved to my new 55. It's been running about 2 months now. Currently it is housing 2 angels, 7 corydoras Agassizi(have 8 more ordered), 15 neon tetra, and 3 cardinal tetras. I have 10 more neons in quarantine.
20170806_212350.jpg
2017-07-25 20.51.24-1.jpg

I dose flourish excel a couple times a week, aquarium ferts when I think about it, and I'm using the regular leds the tank hoods came with a 13w cfl on 1 side to see how the chain sword and Java fern does under each light before adding another cfl.

Looking good man! I Like planted tanks that don't need co2 pumped.

Me too. They're just starting to really take off. The crypts and ferns have a bunch of new leaves. Yesterday when I got home everything was so green and bright it was hard to look at.

Very nice! When did you get back into it? What kind of lighting do you have on it?

Almost 6 months now. I'm running a smaller version of a black box that I changed the layout on as well as a actinic 3wx 20 bar.

No they just must be camera shy haha. I have a clown, pajama cardinal and a bicolor blennie.

Think about getting a background? Like solid black maybe?

I could. I've never really had a background on any tank.

It's just something I've always done, never liked seeing cords or the wall behind it.

I watched a show about the Barrier Reef. There was a guy who has been growing corals in tanks. They took some time to explain how difficult it is to maintain the tanks.
Both of your tanks look REAL NICE! Congrats and good luck with continued sucesses!!! :thumbs-up:

Just upgraded to a 40 breeder. Been having a big ammonia spike, no nitrites though. Been dosing prime and will be doing a 30g water change today.

Nice. I let my 10g go probably 6 months with 0 maintenence or water changes. I scraped all the coralline off the front glass and have been doing 2 5 gallon water changes a week for the past 2 weeks. My calcium and dkh are finally back to acceptable parameters. And my nitrates are down from 20ppm to 5ppm. I'll post a pic here in a few.

I have a 40b sitting empty that I'm planning on converting to reef in the next couple months. I'm going to go with on of those cheap box lights and plan on staying lps and softies. Maybe a couple sps right in the center. I still have a rainbow Monti that is barely hanging on.

I really want to have a nice zoa garden and maybe an acan garden. I really liked by acans I had in my old 5.5.

Back