Fish tank pics...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h8z2luze

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I'm pretty happy with how my 36 is looking so far. Not sure what kind of plants I have but they seem to love it in there! The one furthest right I just got from a friend. I want to add some java fern and moss soon.

SANY9571Medium.jpg

SANY9572Medium.jpg

SANY9573Medium.jpg

SANY9574Medium.jpg

SANY9575Medium.jpg

SANY9576Medium.jpg

SANY9577Medium.jpg

Isnt it a huge pain to clean it? Or does it not have to be cleaned often? I had a 14 gallon I bought from walmart and it would get so it was all cloudy with in just a week or two. Looks good.

Well if you do it right and have the proper filtration all you need to do is do 20% water changes every 2 weeks or so and a light vacuum and keep the glass clean. A lot of people don't know you have to let the tank go through a nitrogen cycle. You supply it with ammonia and it creates bacteria to get rid of ammonia and nitrites which are deadly to fish then the water changes get rid of nitrates. The cycle takes about a month or so. Thats why you see so many people buy fish and the tank the same day thinking its fine then the fish die from to much ammonia cause the bacteria is not there to process it. The cloudy water was probably from under filtration or over stocking.

It's all a matter of PH and filter. I only cleaned mine about once a year and it was always crystal clear. I just did it to change out the bottom gravel and give it a new look.
I just might want to get back into it. Aquariums are beautiful.

It's looking real good, Brandon. I see the great, great grandson of one of my glass cats in there. :D

All the cats in there are corydoras. :) I have 5. 2 khuli loaches and 2 black neon tetras at the moment.

You still need ONE Iridescent Red Tail Black Shark. Just one. If they are alone, they are very gentle and a joy to watch.

Fish are great but allot of work especially if you get into the bigger south American fish cause they are messy. Here are some pics from 2 years ago before I got rid of mine, man I miss them. Had a 6 tanks with the biggest being 250 gal mostly Cichlids and was one of the original mods at worldcichlids.com. Think about it changing out 15% of the water in every tank every week with a vaccum hose just to keep them healthy and happy. My favorites were Tiger Oscars here are a few that I really grew attached to. The smaller solid rust colored one grew to about 10" and the larger tiger was about 13". the next one is a convict that was about 5". last but not least one of them with a big nightcrawler:)

Last edited:
I had some Red Tails at one time and they are a beautiful fish, they ended up in a tank with some Danios, a Jack Dempsey, and few other like size fish.

That is where I started using that name having so many tanks it seemed like that was all I did:) Careful did I mention that Oscars are Agressive?

Last edited:
Thats intense lol. My friend had one he fed steak to.

yeah normal diet was beef heart, earth worms, tank mates:whhooo:, live crickets and of course pellets.

I think I want one some day but not right now lol I like having more than one type of fish.

I think the shark is to big for my setup Ralph. But it would be cool!
Ya here it says the minimum tank size is 50G

http://liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=830+888+1172&pcatid=1172

Yeah... you should be safe if you have 20G or larger tank. Those fish don't get that big. I had 4 of them in a 50G tall tank amongst other community fish for quite a long time (years). They didn't really seem all that aggressive. They would cat and mouse with each other pretty often, but they didn't seem to hurt each other.

I accidentally bred khuli loaches. Had about 50 of them one day out of no where. Started with 2 about 5 months before. I really liked those and weather loaches. The weather ones were larger and liked chasing each other around as well. Fun little fish to watch, but man did they like to dig! Also had a clown loach or two.

Guess I really just liked loaches!

Just for ghits and shiggles I thought Id post my aquarium. Post up what you have as well... :)

Mine is a 55 gallon, freshwater. One filter (60 gallon), 1 large air stone, 1 small air stone and one air skeleton decoration running off two pumps. Running half daylight white and half actinic blue, both 48" and then one 18" actinic for night. Lights are running on a timer...

My pics dont show the colors, sorry, cell pics (sold my camera lol.) But its real pretty and very color full in person.

Orange Platy's, tetras, glass cats, black mollies, dalmation mollies, a few I'm not sure on the name and a few albino cory cats to keep it clean is what I have. Have 3 new born orange platties for sure, had 20+ black mollies born yesterday, saw a few get eaten and now they hide so I can't get them out to a different tank but hopefully they will live.

003-180.jpg

Night light

001-374.jpg

Thanks I really like it. Any pics of your old setup?

Back