Fish tank pics...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20140615_102642_zps771f0000.gif

WP_20140210_018_zps7beda26d.jpg

Here's my 39 gallon fully planted.

Last edited:
Here is my 10g betta tank. Had 6 ghost shrimp, but the betta killed 4 off.
tasega2y.jpg

This was a month ago when he started getting healthy.
7ysa8ydy.jpg

ese6y5ys.jpg

This is my 20 that I dirt ed and put some hairgrass java fern, and marble sword in. Sword is thriving, everything else is just alive. I've had it going for a little over a month. Haven't done anything with it. Thinking about taking it down and do a fowlr salt tank that can be upgraded to reef.

2a7e7yda.jpg

yze4ajah.jpg

sy9u8ate.jpg

I took it down.

Nice tanks guys! bulldog, good to see you did a planted tank, hopefully it will take off soon. What bulbs are you using?

Here is my 125g reef before I broke it down. It was up for about 3 years. Busy with work and didn't have time for it that I wanted. It was a very enjoyable hobby. I got back into the rc hobby after it was broken down because I needed something.
arujyqu2.jpg

Looked good for sure.

I just set one up last night, my daughter told me her fish is a girl and her name is Elsa. I still need to get some decorations though, right now it's just water and fish.

I just set one up last night, my daughter told me her fish is a girl and her name is Elsa. I still need to get some decorations though, right now it's just water and fish.

Well, that didn't last long. Elsa decided her life was too rough so she jumped out of her tank.

That sucks. Yeah you need a top to be safe.

That sucks. Yeah you need a top to be safe.

Yeah man, she's only 4 so she had a ton of questions. The funny thing is the fact that her tank has a top, the damn fish jumped just right and made it through the gap in the back. My wife looked into it and saw that gold fish will go crazy and start jumping if the water is too warm. I'll have to get a thermometer for the tank to keep an eye on it but it sure didn't seem warm at all, I don't know how we'll cool it down if it does get warm. Even though it was just a little gold fish that my daughter won at the 4th of July festival, she was super excited and protective of her. We'll be making a trip to the pet store again to get a replacement and try to figure out what caused it, I'll also be making a new lid for the tank.

Just keep it out of direct sunlight so it wont get too warm. Adding an air pump would be ideal too which will help it evaporate alittle bit and help keep the water cooler, as well as giving them the much needed oxygen.

The neon tetra's are a good beginner/small tank fish imo. They do well with one feeding a day and look great. I prefer to keep atleast 2 together. I have 2 with a cory catfish in a 2.5g going over a year now with a couple live plants and they all are doing great.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=830+2855+1097&pcatid=1097

Very crappy pic but their in there...

IMAG0634.jpg

Just keep it out of direct sunlight so it wont get too warm. Adding an air pump would be ideal too which will help it evaporate alittle bit and help keep the water cooler, as well as giving them the much needed oxygen.

The neon tetra's are a good beginner/small tank fish imo. They do well with one feeding a day and look great. I prefer to keep atleast 2 together. I have 2 with a cory catfish in a 2.5g going over a year now with a couple live plants and they all are doing great.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=830+2855+1097&pcatid=1097
Thanks man, we're going to let her pick her new one...she'll probably like those neon ones though. This is the tank we have, it's a 12l tank (just over 3g) so I guess I could get away with 2 of those little guys.

Got some new fish last weekend and they seem to be doing a bit better than the Goldfish. The Goldfish wasn't very active and seemed very timid, these guys were a inactive for the first couple of hours but then started coming out a little more. The water got pretty cloudy a couple days after we got them, I think it was a bacteria bloom, I changed the water and they have been doing fine. I did my second water change last night and my Nitrite levels are still a little high, they're showing in the "stress" zone. Nitrate levels are "safe" but in the upper area. We have a real plant in there and I've already dropped their feedings to twice a day, should I drop it to once per day? Anyone have any other suggestions?

DSC_0008_zps195dcd5d.jpg

DSC_0007_zps5602859d.jpg

Once a day is plenty. Some only feed every other day or even every 3 days, but Id rather have happy fish so I feed once a day on all my tanks.

Id be using PRIME conditioner if I were you especially if you are running tap water. It will help lower nitrate/nitrites as well as remove chlorine.

Once a day is plenty. Some only feed every other day or even every 3 days, but Id rather have happy fish so I feed once a day on all my tanks.

Id be using PRIME conditioner if I were you especially if you are running tap water. It will help lower nitrate/nitrites as well as remove chlorine.

Thanks, I'll drop their feeding down to once a day, does morning or evening matter?

I'm currently using Bioactive Tapsafe as my water conditioner, the pet store recommended this one because it also removes the chlorine, chloramine and toxic metals. In addition to the Tapsafe, I also use a filter booster from Love Fish, and Easy Balance by Tetra. The filter boost helps promote the growth of good bacteria and the Easy Balance regulates pH and alkalinity, reduces phosphates and adds vitamins, minerals and electrolytes (per the label).

doesn't matter really when you feed, I do morning personally. Sounds like you are doing good, I'm sure nitrate will drop off before long, still just cycling.

Back