Finally got my first crawler

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikegigabyte

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So almost a week later finally got my Losi MRC in the mail. It came with a free lipo battery and front mounting plate. At first I wasn't going to use it, but I didnt know it came with the servo mounting plate so I figured why not, helps keep the weight in front and looks good to.

Drove it for a few minutes when my roll tube chassis came so I put that on, took around 2 hrs. Not sure if I like it yet, didnt realize how much smaller it makes the truck look which such a small body. If I put the plastic truck body on it looks right. Still debating weather or not to take it off and put the stock body back on. I also got some stick on weights so I will see about putting those on after I do some tests on how much angle it can do stock. Also got those bent lower arms and see how they work better compared to the straight ones. I kept getting stuck on the straight ones, so maybe these will help with that.

I'm thinking of getting some lexan pieces to make a body to go over the roll cage chassis, maybe to help fill in the lines better. On the website selling it they have a roof and back window and that looks good.

Here is a crappy pic, tomorrow I will take better pics.

IMG_0025.jpg

Awesome! Now you have been bitten its all downhill from here haha.

Ditched the tube chassis for now, here are some action shots from my backyard course

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

cool,congrats on your new rig. hope you have fun with it

Why didnt you like the tube chassis?

I didnt realize how much smaller it made the truck look, the chassis is super short. I like how the truck looks. Nothing wrong with the chassis, just right now I dont like how small it makes it look especially since the mrc is so small to begin with. Maybe later I would like it after I get tired of the truck body. I do like the suspension mounting holes, and if I want to change back it only 1/2 hr or less since the electronics have all been moved for when I put the tube chassis on. I saw on the website they had some lexan panels on the chassis, that may be something I do if I can find some flat pieces. I like that look. I also didnt like the super shiny chrome look and wouldnt mind painting it black.

Back