Chassis for 2.5R?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phillikw

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am looking at the FLM chassis and FLM hybrid bulkheads. Good setup? Oh and if I go with the hybrid bulkheads with the 1/8 buggy gears, what gears should I buy and from where?

I have the FLM 1/8th bulkless, and I would probably advise against it. I bought the 8-spyder gear set from UE, and the shafts are too big for the bearings, so i had to assemble the diffs inside the bulkless (drill a hole in one side so i could screw the ring gear screws down. I them siliconed up the hole. It was a pain in the ass, and the FLM bulkless arent the best of quality. There are small gaps in the case, so a thin coat of silicone should do it. I haven't gotten a chance to test mine out for more than a few minutes of break in though.

What about the FLM chassis? And how makes 7075 bulkheads?

I have the the FLM chassis and the combo bulks- so far, so good. The chassis has "ICE" inscribed in the front. This chassis is also different than the one seen in most of the FLM pics. Instead of the front corners being round, they come to a point. This point made a nice "cut" in my new RPM arms. Everything cleared upon assembly and I didn't see it until after the first round of bashing. Had to file the points down and shed a tear 'cause it was so nice lookin'. lol

Back