Losi 22S SCT - Pinion & Spur Gear Option

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J’s Crawler, DavidB1126 & RustyUs — Thank you for your recent comments. They are all helpful.

In my last post I shortened my reference to the motor I was/am considering. The one I am looking at is the 3652 size can with 3250kv. Sorry for that. After reading your comments I think I’m in the right neighborhood. DavidB1126, you do have me thinking about the higher kv motors. Thanks for complicating the decision. ;)

This truck gets bashed on our street with other kids/dads. There are also a couple of parks with good options to run it in its natural environment (bike pump/rc dirt tracks) that are fun too.

J’s Crawler, thanks for the Hobbystar suggestion. I will definitely take a look at those.

Gentlemen, you are awesome. Thanks for serving up your feedback. It’s greatly appreciated.

J’s Crawler, DavidB1126 & RustyUs — Thank you for your recent comments. They are all helpful.

In my last post I shortened my reference to the motor I was/am considering. The one I am looking at is the 3652 size can with 3250kv. Sorry for that. After reading your comments I think I’m in the right neighborhood. DavidB1126, you do have me thinking about the higher kv motors. Thanks for complicating the decision. ;)

This truck gets bashed on our street with other kids/dads. There are also a couple of parks with good options to run it in its natural environment (bike pump/rc dirt tracks) that are fun too.

J’s Crawler, thanks for the Hobbystar suggestion. I will definitely take a look at those.

Gentlemen, you are awesome. Thanks for serving up your feedback. It’s greatly appreciated.
They are good motors, I use a 40xx in my db48.3. It’s been great. For $30, you can pick up a 3650, so for the price of one HW you can get 2 hobbystar motors in a lower and higher kv for testing purposes. I don’t know off the top of my head what a hobbywing motor costs, but I just bought a hobbystar for my 22s for $30.

They are good motors, I use a 40xx in my db48.3. It’s been great. For $30, you can pick up a 3650, so for the price of one HW you can get 2 hobbystar motors in a lower and higher kv for testing purposes. I don’t know off the top of my head what a hobbywing motor costs, but I just bought a hobbystar for my 22s for $30.
Hobbystar 6.5T 540
I was looking at one Hobbystar motor, it was a 6.5T 540 sealed blue motor. 40 bucks, not bad at all, as others like hobbywing are around 100 bucks. But the only disadvantage with this is that it is not vented so that means it would be more likely to overheat? This would be for my race buggy. But there is always one thing holding me back and it is that one review. 🤔

Hobbystar 6.5T 540
I was looking at one Hobbystar motor, it was a 6.5T 540 sealed blue motor. 40 bucks, not bad at all, as others like hobbywing are around 100 bucks. But the only disadvantage with this is that it is not vented so that means it would be more likely to overheat? This would be for my race buggy. But there is always one thing holding me back and it is that one review. 🤔
Hmmm my 40…..74(?) is not vented at all. It spins around 2.8” mt tires with no heat issues. My HW 3660 is not vented, no heat issues. I see a lot of TPPower motors non vented with ice cold temps, but those are top quality components. Doesn’t the blue one have a temp sensor? I say get it. They are good about customer service from what I have heard.
Oh that is on amazon, I would go to the rcjuice eBay store or the rcjuice website and get it directly.

Back