Capra RTR Question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dark Eternal

RC Newbie
Reaction score
My son got a Capra RTR for Christmas. We managed to strip out the factory steering servo, and while replacing it I noticed something that looks like a capacitor on a wire that is zip tied inside the body with a tag that says "do not remove", however its not actually hooked up to anything. The control board did come untaped and was bouncing around, so it could have been pulled off.

What is this? Where should it be plugged in? We have been using it without it and have not noticed issue (other than we have stripped 3 steering servos - but I doubt that is related).

Lots of learning ahead of me it looks like!

Not familiar with this car, hard to diagnose without photos, but generally capacitors are often placed on the ESC or Rx to assist the BEC during power surges to keep a smooth power signal to the Rx and Servo during hard acceleration. If you experience brown outs then it may be a good idea to re-attach the capacitor, more info here:

https://www.amainhobbies.com/yeah-racing-glitch-buster-receiver-capacitor-yea-ye-0023/p1358985

1706629711662.png

If it's a capacitor, you might not even notice it being unplugged. That Capra doesn't pull much amperage being a crawler. Kinda curious what is is. As bill said, pics woild help.

I took the following screen shots from a Capra review video and it looks like they stuffed the ESC and Rx up in the body with the capacitor circled in yellow:

1706649594081.png

Another shot shows that the capacitor is plugged into the Rx here (talk about a horrible rats nest of wiring that is not properly secured, argh):

1706649702712.png

I took the following screen shots from a Capra review video and it looks like they stuffed the ESC and Rx up in the body with the capacitor circled in yellow:

View attachment 180336

Another shot shows that the capacitor is plugged into the Rx here (talk about a horrible rats nest of wiring that is not properly secured, argh):

View attachment 180337
Ugh. Yeah. What a mess. Our Ryft is much, much nicer than that. All the electronics are right here. Rx is in the orange box.
20220320_135250.jpg

Last edited:
Back