can't start my revo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i can't find the bell clutch in the manual, where is it ?

found it i think i have to buy new one which one would you suggest 14,15,16,17, 22 tooth?

I take it the slipper didn't work?

Ok if you remove the engine The gear on the output shaft. That spins freely It is the "Bell" If you carfully take off the retaining clip on the end and pull off the bell you will see your clutches. They are the 2 black pieces that have a spring around them. Make sure that you remember which way they go on and just replace them. They can not be fixed. they have to be replaced. Your bell number if you are looking at a break down of the engine is 5215.

ebay has 19 ,20,22 will that fit revo 2.5? in the manual they got 15-17 tooth

i can't find the bell clutch in the manual, where is it ?

found it i think i have to buy new one which one would you suggest 14,15,16,17, 22 tooth?

No your bell is still good its the clutches behind that. ^^^^ look up at that post and it will tell you what and how to look for the clutch.

okay thank you i will check it out when i get home =)

hold on i am going to post a couple of pictures and then tell me which clutch set up you have give me a couple of mins.

2009_0429slipper4002323.jpg

does your slipper clutch look like this or picture number 2 this?

2009_0429slipper40026.jpg

Yea Yea i know my riggs are dirty and dusty :p Stupid camera shows everything lol
I'm cleaning them tonight

Last edited:
yea exactly how it looks i didnt go to work today taking whole car apart to remove and see the clutch but looks like all the teeth are there i even counted them lol

yea exactly how it looks i didnt go to work today taking whole car apart to remove and see the clutch but looks like all the teeth are there i even counted them lol

Which picture the top or the bottom? those are to different spur gear set ups.
And then we can tell you the stock setting for it .

good instructions jnjritz,what is the top slipper on (what kind truck)i have seen something like that setup on an old tmaxx i think.

good instructions jnjritz,what is the top slipper on (what kind truck)i have seen something like that setup on an old tmaxx i think.

Kudos Blck, It's Shelfy My old TMAXX. Thinking of selling or trading it but havn't desided yet :) Just about the whole thing is aluminum.
I'll post a picture in a min. Well maybe i'll put it in my profile not the thread to post a tmaxx in :D

Last edited:
so how does that slipper work i dont see any clutch behind it ? my truck looked like yours until i did the simplegreen thing like you said. now it nice and happy lo:D

On the top one . It has 6 buttons in it and 2 pressure plates that sqeeze them.
The revo has 3 shoes and a clutch plate.

gotcha, went back and looked at your pic i can see the tops of the buttons behind the plate. thanks that will help me explain it to my buddy with the old tmaxx.:D

it starts moving very very slow and if dont give the throttle it dies out in few seconds what can the problem be?

Have you checked your carburetor to make sure your HSN, LSN, and idle are correct? It sounds rich to me still, especially with the fuel out of the pipe.

Have you checked your carburetor to make sure your HSN, LSN, and idle are correct? It sounds rich to me still, especially with the fuel out of the pipe.

Yea i asked him about the rpm's but never answered. So i went the next route. :)

picture # 2 thats my clutch set up. its back together idles fine doesn't die out but now it dont move at all haha and wheels dont turn left not right

????????? are your batterys any good? Or your batt pack charged? Did you have the engine off? By engine off i mean off of the truck...

Last edited:
starts but will not turn or move

so i put it back together last night it starts right up but the front wheels dont turn nor it moves forward =( what did i do wrong ?

How much of it did you take apart? All the way down to the diffs? I know it sounds dumb, but is your rx charged up and turned on? I forgot to turn mine on once.

Last edited:
Back