can't start my revo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kennycasanova

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hey guys everything was fine up until today. i tried to start it it turns but it doesn't start and for some reason out of the exhaust leaks a little. i took out cleaned and changed spark plug and it almost started. what can the problem be?

Yeah, make sure your plug is good and not sloppy wet. If you have an excess of fuel and oil coming out of your exhaust, you might be a little on the rich side with your tune. Start easy.
What plug and fuel are you running?

stock spark plug with Traxxas 33% Fuel

Are you using an ignitor or the blue wire?
If you are using the wire, try an ignitor if you have one.
Also, make sure that you don't have bubbles in your gas line.
That can cause the motor to breath fire and die too.

i am using blue wire i think =) its the blue that connect the ezstart and spark plug right?

Are you using an ignitor or the blue wire?
If you are using the wire, try an ignitor if you have one.
Also, make sure that you don't have bubbles in your gas line.
That can cause the motor to breath fire and die too.

+1.

Make sure you have a good plug. It seems like that could be the problem if you cleaned it up and it almost started, and all of the sudden you are leaking out of your pipe. Sounds like it might not be igniting your fuel like it should.
Hope that helps. Keep posting on it - we'll help you as much as we can.

AP

i just tried again and it almost starts on ezstart the motor light is on but not the glow plug so i guess thats good and on the car the green light and the blue sensor light is on hmmm i never paid attention but is this how its supposed to be?

i just tried again and it almost starts on ezstart the motor light is on but not the glow plug so i guess thats good and on the car the green light and the blue sensor light is on hmmm i never paid attention but is this how its supposed to be?

When you start your rig with the EZ start both green lights need to be green. Check your wire and try another glow plug. If the wire and the glow plug doesn't work you might have a faulty starter wand. Try a glow plug ignitor if you have access to one.

Yes those lights on your opti drive are supposed to be lit.
Hope this helps...

thanks a lot guys i will try tomorrow when i get home from work

thanks to everyone i got it running but now the problem is when i give the throttle it barely moves and i use traxxas 33% top fuel =(

Are the RPM's raising or is it bogging down? When you give it throttle.

it starts moving very very slow and if dont give the throttle it dies out in few seconds what can the problem be?

Well it won't run to good untill the temps come up to around 200.
So that might be your stalling there.

If the rpms are there (high). It could be the bell clutch or your slipper need to be adjusted.

You said it ran fine before... When was this? Was it just like yesterday?

How old is the rig and the engine?

it ran fine about a week ago. i took it to lhs who cleaned it and adjusted everything but he never changed the glow plug. i changed it and its back on the road and running but just dont run as it used it i played for like 15 minutes but it moves very very slow

Ok that sounds like the bell clutch. Also might want to check the slipper clutch.
Here is where the Debate starts...
I adjust mine (slipper clutch) by tightening it all the way down then back it off 1/2 a turn. Now thats assuming you have the clutch shoe slipper type.
Now if that does not help it sounds as if you would need the bell clutch. They are cheap about 7 bucks at your lhs.

This is IMO. so if someone thinks different plz jump in.

Ok that sounds like the bell clutch. Also might want to check the slipper clutch.
Here is where the Debate starts...
I adjust mine (slipper clutch) by tightening it all the way down then back it off 1/2 a turn. Now thats assuming you have the clutch shoe slipper type.
Now if that does not help it sounds as if you would need the bell clutch. They are cheap about 7 bucks at your lhs.

This is IMO. so if someone thinks different plz jump in.

yes i agree with you jnjritz. you gave me the same advise about the slipper clutch and i tightened like you said and problem has not happened since. i learned to keep an eye on it and check it often thanks.

how tight do i have to do it? until loose it off 1/2 turn? i tried that and it feels like its never all the way tight =( i dont want to over tighten

I just tighten till it stops. I don't put everything i have into it. but i make it tite. and then from there just loosen it a 1/2 of a turn. see if that works and if not i think its the bell clutch.

Back