Buying used arma kraton 6s

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dshaf

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Hello forum. Currently own an erevo 2.0 and looking to buy a used arma kraton 6s. Tried to post video guy sent but too large to attach. My only concern with the truck running is it seems to have a bit of slip/ high pitch whine for a brief second accelerating hard from a stop. Hard to say exactly from watching a video, but want to make sure I'm not buying a truck with driveline issues. Is it normal for the kraton 6s to slip a bit under hard acceleration? Thanks, Derek

Is it a V3-4 or a V5? Sounds like the center diff is empty of fluid, or the motor is close to burnt out and/or the bearings are squeaking. It may have gotten soaked in water at one point. I don't think phone format vids will load on the forum.

Not 100% sure which version model it is. Just know it's blx 6s

Not 100%sure what version it is, just know it's a blx 6s. His test video was on dry grass and under hard acceleration when I noticed the whine sound and tires weren't ripping up the grass. If I do the same with my erevo on grass, its either doing a wheelie or shredding the grass as the tires break loose

Last edited:
If a 6s Kraton isn't doing a launch & tearing up grass upon punching the throttle, something is wrong.

That's what I thought, even a launch at half throttle should be breaking rear tires loose. It definitely takes off quick and by the sound he's giving it a good bit of throttle, but instead of instant tires breaking free its a high pitch whine as it takes off to full speed

This is my built Notorious on 4s. It'll tear it up! My K6 is being built. On 6s a rig will do standing backflips w/ properly set up diffs. The end it kicks up the dust on 1/2 throttle

No, there shouldn't be any hesitation whatsoever with any of the 6s Kratons. We have a V3, and as soon as you hit the throttle, it's ripping strips into the grass field and throwing clumps of grass at you. It has ridiculous power. And that is stock electronics.

Sounds to me like his gear mesh is way off, motor mount is loose, or something isn't right. Could be any number of gears in the drivetrain.

Thanks wicked frog, think I'm gonna pass on the truck. Don't want to risk something being wrong with motor or diffs. $350 with 2 new 3s batteries is a good deal though

Thanks wicked frog, think I'm gonna pass on the truck. Don't want to risk something being wrong with motor or diffs. $350 with 2 new 3s batteries is a good deal though
That is a pretty good deal. Pics?

It's not that good of a deal to risk it. I used to bash my v3 Kraton with a buddy that had an e revo, IMO they're close enough where you won't be getting an upgrade. Different things break on them, but they do break.

Not the best, but here's a few pics

Screenshot_20240326_145252_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20240326_145302_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20240326_145311_Messenger.jpg

I don't know the differences in the versions, but that looks just like our V3 body. And it looks stock. Nope. Steer clear.

Hello forum. Currently own an erevo 2.0 and looking to buy a used arma kraton 6s. Tried to post video guy sent but too large to attach. My only concern with the truck running is it seems to have a bit of slip/ high pitch whine for a brief second accelerating hard from a stop. Hard to say exactly from watching a video, but want to make sure I'm not buying a truck with driveline issues. Is it normal for the kraton 6s to slip a bit under hard acceleration? Thanks, Derek
Do they have a slipper clutch on them? If so that's probably your high pitch wine when you hit it hard

Do they have a slipper clutch on them? If so that's probably your high pitch wine when you hit it hard
You can tighten them easy most of the time. Usually a little less than a half turn back after you tighten them the whole way

You can tighten them easy most of the time. Usually a little less than a half turn back after you tighten them the whole way
No. It uses a center diff. Not a slipper.

Dude used vastly different tire sizes on a 4wd... I wouldn't buy a brick off him.

That's a v1 (possibly v2?), with crap servo and self-igniting ESC.

Stay away.

Dude used vastly different tire sizes on a 4wd... I wouldn't buy a brick off him.

Stay away.
+1

Stay away.
Lol. I didn't even notice that. Well that explains why the gears are F'd 😅

Back